Chapter 4: Food Hunter

Shao Qing’s expression changed. In a flash, it became pale with no signs of blood at all. She didn’t desire for her child to be a man eating monster. At that moment she wanted to cry. Her long awaited child had finally arrived, yet his arrival was completely different from what she was expecting. Without any family support, she had personally scooped out her own child at the hospital.

But even if her baby was completely unlike the others, Shao Qing really desired for her baby to be happy growing up and not turn into a monster.

While Shao Qing’s train of thought was swirling around in the air, Xiao Baozi had already fixed his eyes onto the corpse’s head . Unable to completely convey what he himself wanted, he merely persistently pointed at the corpse’s head. “Inside… smells so good…”

Shao Qing was unsure of what to do, but no matter what, she was a fast unwavering individual, thus quickly cooled her head. Those worthless lives must be the heavens pitying her, allowing her to crawl out from the depths of hell to take revenge. Now the only person she cared for in the world is her baby. Why should she even care that her baby has turned into a man eating monster?

Could they even still be normal people?

Shao Qing looked at her slender black fingernail , her eyes getting colder and colder. With a overcast yet soft voice she spoke. “Darling, what do you want to eat?”

Xiao Baozi was somewhat anxious, constantly gesturing towards the head. “Inside…. inside…”

Shao Qing looked at the location where Xiao Baozi pointed towards. Extending her slender fingernail, she softly inserted her finger underneath the corpse’s skull until she came across a solid object. With a flash of emotion upon this discovery, she scooped out the object.

Her finger drenched in blood was now holding a red crystal. Looking at it, it appeared to be only the size of her fingernail, but it was excessively glossy, very beautiful.

Xiao Baozi’s eyes brightened up. “Mama, eat… want to eat!”

Confirming that the thing her son wanted to eat wasn’t human meat but instead this crystal, Shao Qing was able to let out a breath of fresh air. Even though she was fine to resolutely allow her son to hunt people for food, there was definitely a knot in her heart. Yet now to discover that what her son wanted to eat wasn’t what she originally thought, her heart relaxed a bit.

Scared that the brain’s on the crystal might upset her son’s stomach, she quickly used clean water to wash it. Only after, did she pass it over to Xiao Baozi.

After passing the crystal to Xiao Baozi’s hand, Shao Qing then approached the other corpse in the search for other crystals. That was when she discovered, not everyone had a crystal in their brains and the crystals were not all of the same colour.

She reckoned that only the superhumans would have a crystal within their brain. If their supernatural ability was stronger then the crystal would be larger. On the other hand, if their supernatural ability was weaker then the crystal would be smaller. Different supernatural abilities would lead to different coloured crystals. For example, the owner of the red crystal was the fireball user.

After eating two lumps of crystals, Xiao Baozi was full. Acting like a spoiled child, he rested on Shao Qing’s bosom, while Shao Qing prepared to put the remaining crystals within her space dimension as Xiao Baozi’s future provisions.