Volume 3 Chapter 33 Digging three feet

The entire jungle was dead and silent, not as active as when they first came in. Shao Qing suspected that the place they stayed before and the place they stayed at now were not the same place. 

The more silent it was, the more danger Shao Qing felt. She estimated the distance. They are now in the depths of the jungle and will soon reach the deepest zone. 

“Let’s take a rest first. It’s already late.” The jungle was very dark even during the day because of the tall trees that covered the sunlight. 

Shao Qing estimated the time. It was already the afternoon, so she took the group to start camping. They propped up a big tent that could fit the whole family, then went out to find food. 

Yan Qiyue was left to watch the children. Shao Qing and Er Dai separated, one went east and one went west. One was in charge of finding firewood and wild vegetables, while the other was in charge of hunting wild prey.

Er Dai couldn’t recognize the different kinds of wild vegetables that could be eaten, so that task was given to Shao Qing. Although Shao Qing said that she was mainly looking for wild vegetables, she would also attack if she encountered some prey that looked delicious. 

After reaching the inner periphery, it was difficult to encounter mutant animals, unless they took the initiative to find them, such as picking the nest of others… yes directly attacking the nests.

No matter how deep they hid, they couldn’t avoid Er Dai’s rummaging. He was quite sensitive in this respect. 

Shao Qing parted the grass, looking for edible wild vegetables and mushrooms and fungus that grew under the trees. As long as it was edible, she would not let go of it. 

Bruising away a piece of grass, she found a bunch of mushrooms that looked delicious. She picked them up and stuffed them into the space. She was about to change places when she looked up and saw an area full of man eating flowers not far away. 

What does it mean to break through iron shoes and find nowhere to get it*? This was it!

* when searching for something you can’t find it, but would find it later when not putting in any effort

It was a whole area of man eating flowers. There were some that were small where their tender flowers had not yet bloomed, while some had teeth and claws. 

There were two types of man eating flowers. One type had no leaves, only a huge flower head, and were rather short. They would emit a foul odor to attract insects and small animals. 

The other was like Da Hua and it would chase people to eat them. 

The former were clumped together. They tend to be grouped together row by row, exuding a rich flavor attracting many prey. 

The latter kind were the killers in the jungle. They would usually coexist with one or two such plants, never more than three or four. 

Here there were the same kind as Da Hua, one after another. They actually grew in one area, contrary to the usual customs of this kind.

Looking up, they were full of gorgeous flowers, shaking their heads, waiting for their prey to come close. Don’t think they look languid, as soon as the prey was close, they would quickly become ferocious hunters and devour the prey.