Chapter 22 Returning to the base

Yan Hanqing couldn’t help but lean his face to one side. His cheek all the way to his earlobes a bright red colour. Lowering his voice, he asked. “You’ve slept for so long, aren’t you hungry yet?”

“That’s not a bad idea.” Regarding Yan Hanqing’s change of subject, Shao Qing laughed. She was just joking around. Since she had resurrected, Shao Qing was convinced that men were all insincere.  

When Shao Qing became indifferent, Yan Hanqing pursed his lips, waiting a long time before faintly mumbling. “It’s me that isn’t fit to be your match.”

“What did you say?” Immersed within her memories, Shao Qing raised her eyebrows. Hurriedly Yan Hanqing replied. “It’s nothing. I was just talking to myself.”

Not speaking any longer, Shao Qing shook her legs a bit then set her feet from the bed down to the ground. She felt that the former her was completely different from the present her. From head to toe, she could feel that her body flooded with power. She wanted to vent it all out. This feeling was amazing.

She felt so great that Shao Qing had a feeling that nothing was capable of obstructing her. However, Shao Qing knew that no matter how good you think you were, there would always be someone out there that was better. It wouldn’t be good for her to be too arrogant and self-confident.

She would be better off knowing her own limits.

“Where are we now?”

“Since you went unconscious, everyone decided not to hurry on our journey. Voluntarily, we decided to find a place to rest a bit.” Yan Hanqing stared at Shao Qing’s figure from the back, within his eyes was a gentleness that he himself wasn’t even aware of.

Out of all the women he had ever met, Shao Qing was the best. She was never pretentious or put on airs like those so called young virtuous noble ladies. She was real, beautiful, intelligent, yet strong. Her movements were so impressive that a large majority of people would be far inferior to her and unable to catch up.

This kind of woman who was similar to a cheetah in the vast grasslands, Yan Hanqing felt that he wasn’t good enough for her. If it wasn’t for his inferiority, it would be like seeing an excessively beautiful flower and being reluctant to reach out and pluck it.

“It’s my fault that I’ve burdened everyone.” Shao Qing pushed open the door, discovering that they were in a person’s home. Probably due to a rampage of some zombies, the original owner of the house was no longer there, thus allowing Shao Qing and the rest to stop for a break at this place.

Pushing the door open, she was able to see A Tu and Gu Chuan the brother and sister duo. All three of them were at the courtyard playing card games. Once they saw Shao Qing come out, Gu Panpan was the first to throw down the cards in her hands. “Qing Jiejie, you’re awake? That’s great! Since you’ve fainted, I was so scared that I couldn’t eat or sleep!”

A Tu attempted to pull back Gu Panpan, his face turning red. “Aren’t you shameless? I was just about to win, how dare you just discard your cards like that!”

“Ok, stop arguing you two.” Gu Chuan patted the two, then turned to face Shao QIng. “How are you feeling?”

“My body’s feeling not bad. I was able to successfully advance in ranking, so we could be on our way at any time.” Shao Qing clenched her fists. “The time that we have been out isn’t short, we should probably head back soon.”