Chapter 5: Raising a zombie

Shao Qing had an intuition that the zombie had the exact same idea as her. In the same way that she wanted to catch him as food, he also wanted to catch her as food.

Narrowing her eyes, Shao Qing inwardly schemed how she was going to capture this intelligent zombie. After all she was a human. If she lost to this zombie in brains, then that really would be losing face for humans.

Not urgently or slowly, they continued to travel for another two hours. Seeing that it was the afternoon, she decided to find a location to rest since she was also capable of getting tired.

Even if her body wasn’t that tired, her psyche was already fatigued. Finding a small shop with few zombies, she quickly tidied up the place. After cleaning up, Shao QIng carried Xiao Baozi inside. With nightfall approaching, the shallowly sleeping Shao Qing became aware of movements near the door.

Earlier, she had placed a wooden stick against the door. This was so if there was any movement, she would notice right away. Appearing dead silent, after another little while, a shadow came crawling in through the window.

The window was one of the locations Shao Qing was paying extra attention to. Waiting for the shadow to gradually approach, the already awake Shao Qing quickly stood up and instantly knocked him to the floor. Shao Qing didn’t know what would happen to her if she was bitten or scratched by the zombie, so she wouldn’t dare to risk it. With speed, she grabbed onto the two arms of the zombie in front of her, then with a snap, she broke his two arms. In the split second when the zombie attempted to raise his head to bite her, Shao Qing stuffed a new stocking into his mouth.

After two minutes, tied up like a fried dough twist (crisp snack food made by deep-frying plaited dough) he wriggled on the ground with all his might. But no matter what, he was incapable of breaking free.

Shao Qing leaned in close to take a look. From a glance, the zombie looked like an eighteen/ nineteen year old youth. His appearance was delicate and pretty, but too bad he wasn’t human.

Carrying the sleeping Xiao Baozi to the corner to continue to sleep, she pondered how to deal with this strange zombie while she prepared for the daybreak of the next day.

Early the next morning, Shao Qing crawled out and looked at the zombie huddling in the corner, shrunk into a small ball and making a rather pitiful appearance.

The first thing Shao Qing did was absorb a piece of the grey crystals retrieved from the zombie’s body. Determining that the crystal doesn’t produce any harmful effects to her body, then did she decide to save some for Xiao Baozi.

She also discovered that he still had the crystals killed from those zombies. The majority however was not on his body, only a small portion was found.

With this being the case, it seemed like she will have to stay here for a little longer to gather some crystals. Then she could take Xiao Baozi and leave this place.

After all, gathering zombies to kill is comparably easier than gathering superhumans.

With this thought, Shao Qing prepared to kill the zombie so afterwards she could go out to find some more provisions for Xiao Baozi. However, right when she approached him, he awakened and unceasingly made crying sounds as if he was threatening Shao Qing.

Squatting down, she extended one of her hands towards the zombie’s head. He really was indeed more intelligent than the other zombies. Knowing that Shao Qing was about to kill him, his original vicious appearance changed. At the same instant of squirming backwards, he let out a faint whining sound to curry some good will and favour.