(The Traveling 5 Arc) To the Loners

His white paws thudded against the dirt, turning them and his paw pads brown like the earth. In front of him, the white ghosty and twinkling silhouette of a Starclan cat led him through the tight forest, weaving around the trees as if it had mastered the art of it, and behind him was the much more red, melted and corroded silhouette of a cat straight from the depths of the Dark Forest, chasing after him with the same amount of vigor.

He didn't know what it wanted from him other than to drag him to cat hell, but clearly it was something personal, because it didn't let up even after what felt like hours of running.

His own stamina was bound to catch up with him, and soon he was falling behind, so much so that he'd lose sight of the guide and feel the ground beneath him get muddier and muddier. He had to follow the faint twinkling of stars the cat left behind, but even that grew fainter and fainter as the ground grew sloppier and sloppier.

Then it happened, his paw got stuck in a pit of mud, and while it didn't trap him there, it made him trip over. He finally turned to look at who exactly was chasing him, it was the least he could do before whatever it was took him with it, and-

"HEY SCOTT!"

"AH!"

The blue pelted cat jumped up from his sleeping spot in the cat tree, reacting so harshly to the wake up call that he tumbled down and took the yellow brindled cat who had woken him up down with him.

"Owwww, you could've just yelled at me..." the brindle said, rubbing his head.

"What did you expect was going to happen when you woke me up all loudly?! I told you not to do that Martyn!" Scott scolded, taking the time to stretch after he made sure nothing of his was hurt and the poppy behind his ear didn't get smashed.

"Come on, you were moving around in your sleep, I couldn't help it!" Martyn argued. "You were kicking your little feet in the air and everything- look, look, like this,"

Martyn proceeded to lay down on his back and do his best impression of Scott sleeping before kicking around and swiping his white soled paws in the air. In response, Scott lifted his own white paw over Martyn's face and gave it a second before furiously batting at him in rapid succession, the brindle not seeing it coming with his closed green eyes.

"Ow! Ow! Okay okay! I tried my best to make it sound accurate, but your collar jingles way louder than mine," Martyn said, knowing fully well that the inaccuracy was not at all why Scott batted at him. It was true though, Scott had a cyan bell collar and Martyn had a black ribbon for a collar.

"Yes, thank you for the disturbingly specific recreation of how I sleep, I do not think you are creepy and weird at all," Scott said, rolling his blue eyes. "So what is it? It only looks like it's halfway to dinner time, who else besides you wants me up this early?"

"Your little birdy from a block away. Or as you like to call him, your "petal,"" Martyn said, going into a sing-song voice when he mentioned the pet name, "I told him it was way too early for you but he insisted that it was kind of important,"

"This does not help your current me stalker reputation," Scott said. "But did Jimmy really not tell you what it was?"

"One, I am not stalking you, we live in the same house and I can hear you two flirting over the fence," Martyn said, "two, no, and I didn't push it, he just said it was really important and that he needed you like right now."

Scott groaned. "It better be important, I haven't stolen any of our two-leg's latte yet," he said, stretching and yawning one more time before walking down the hallway and down the stairs to the front door, slipping through the cat door on it.