Doomstar's First Life

CCs used:

Xisuma=Doomvoid/Doomstar
GenerikB=Hermitstar
Jessassin=Jessstrike
JoeHills=Joehill
VintageBeef=Beefkit/Beefclaw
Welsknight=Wellnight
Hypnotizd=Hypnotide
PythonGB=Pythontrail

All other characters mentioned are OCs

The 6 rocks stood high above the dirt, one empty but the others full, signifying each of the 5 clans as their leaders perched themselves on top of them. Their deputies, while not on the rocks themselves, stood just at the foot of them, along with 1 or 2 of the medicine cats from each clan. Warriors, apprentices, elders, queens and kits wandered around the dirt, sharing tongues and catching up on all the latest happenings to members of other clans they considered friends. The Gathering was going well this moon.

Jackstar, the black and orange pelted leader of Obsidianclan, was the first to notice the full moon and yowl, the rest of the leaders following along in response. Collectively, the cats once speaking nonstop below the rocks shut their jaws tightly, even the kits knowing it to be rude to interrupt a leader during this time of moon. Jackstar's orange eyes bled through the night as he looked side to side at the crowd, and once everyone had situated themselves, he spoke up.

"Fellow cats," he said, "we'd first like to address the rabbit in the room, which is why we are allowing Hermitclan to speak first this Gathering."

Doomstar sat at the edge of the Hermitclan's rock nervously, putting on a brave face at his own expense to hopefully convince the other leaders that he was confident in himself. Which he was, but it certainly didn't help to have dozens of clan cats from many different clans staring him down as if waiting for even the slightest hint of him crumbling. If that were the case, he wouldn't be giving them the satisfaction.

"Thank you, Jackstar," Doomstar said, nodding out of politeness. "This past moon, Hermitclan's founder and leader, Hermitstar, passed on into Starclan. As his last deputy, I, once Doomvoid, have taken his place to continue leading Hermitclan and have chosen Jessstrike to be our new deputy."

Doomstar looked down at his deputy and two medicine cats at the foot of the rock. Peatlily still had her head bowed slightly in respect for Hermitstar, while Joehill nodded to Jessstrike as if to congratulate him on his promotion to deputy, though Doom could still notice the subtly saddened look on Joe's face. He couldn't blame Joe on distracting himself, he knew the brown pelt was as close to Hermitstar as he was.

Doomstar continued to update the clans on everything else he was supposed to: new kits, apprentices, warriors, any recent happenings, etc. Talking about everything else seemed to calm his mind a bit, and as he finished and sat back down, while his heart still raced, it wasn't nearly as bad as he thought it would be.

Jackstar nodded and started his own clan's updates. Obsidianclan surely lived up to its name, being tough and hard to crack. Though thankfully, their leader always used this advantage for good, happily helping their fellow clans with anything they needed so long as they were able to. Even just recently, at the last moon's Gathering when Doom was still sat below the rock, the Mapleclan's leader, Applestar, thanked Jackstar for allowing their warriors to hunt on Obsidianclan's territory when they had commented about how their own clan's fresh-kill population was dwindling.

"We have noticed a slight change in our boundary lines," Jackstar said, "however, as far as I'm aware, no clan is at fault for this, because the lines are being messed with on the borders facing unclaimed territory. It hasn't been my patrol either, as me and my deputy Coalheart watched over each patrol the past moon, and despite the territorial markings being set perfectly as they were, we kept coming back to messy work. We advise all clans to frequent your borders more often, and I'll be glad to hear if any new info comes of this."