(Short) Just For Tonight

CCs used:

BigB=Cookie
Grian=Grainwing

Any other characters mentioned are OCs.

Cookie was fast asleep before he heard the cat door to his home shack open. Now half-awake and alert, he looked towards the door to see a certain shiny blonde cat walking in.

"Grainwing? What're you doing here so late?" Cookie asked, his bristled fur slowly going down when he knew he wasn't in danger. He noticed Grainwing seemed half awake too, his head bobbing and his eyes closing for too long of a period when he blinked.

"Two-legs... caught me... took th' whole day to get out..." Grainwing said groggily, constantly interrupted by his own yawns. "My clan's too far... can I stay?... just for tonight..."

The blonde cat laid onto the floor as he spoke, no longer having the energy to keep himself upright. Cookie stretched and trotted across the creaky floor to help the cat up, slowly leading him over to his plush, cool bed.

"Don't worry, I got you," the black cat assured softly when Grainwing let out a groan as he was brought to his feet. When they got to it, Cookie let Grainwing fall to the bed gently, Grainwing humming at the comfortable texture against his fur.

He was especially delighted to feel Cookie lay down next to him, laying his head on top of the blonde's shoulder and entwining their tails in a not-so-subtle display of affection. Even in his drowsy state, Grainwing cracked a smile.

"At least take me out on a walk first..." he said jokingly, getting Cookie's face to heat up.

"J-just getting comfortable," Cookie said, silently cursing himself for his stutter. He quickly added, "I can move if you're-"

"No... it's nice..." Grainwing admitted, shifting ever so slightly as he gently flicked his tail against Cookie's, letting him know that he meant what he said. Cookie smiled, relaxing back up as he finally heard Grainwing's soft purrs of sleep, and slowly drifted off himself.