(The Traveling 5 Arc) Rotten Burns

CCs used:

Scott
Jimmy
Cleo
Martyn
Pearl
SmallishBeans=Smallbean
LDShadowLady=Shadowqueen
fWhip=Whiplash
Sausage
Shubble=Shrubberry
Katherine

Any other characters mentioned are OCs.

A paw slammed down on the mouse's tail, holding it in place against it's frightened scurrying. It squeaked in terror, but the cat sat above it only chuckled.

"Why hello there," she mewled, her tail flicking from left to right. "I haven't seen a mouse as well fed as you 'round here in ages. Maybe you're the little food stealer everyone's been talkin' about."

Just as the rat was about to wriggle its tail free, she held its body down with her free paw to let her other paw readjust its position, then let it go with only a stronger hold on the tail.

"Nah, on second thought, no," she shook her head. "All the cats 'round here like to eat your brothers and sisters and such, you wouldn't be stealing that for scraps. You're just a lucky little guy with plenty of... whatever it is mice eat. You think I'd know by now what you eat when I'm supposed to eat you. Oh well, guess it's close enough to dinner time."

Just as she went to bite into the still struggling rat, she heard someone clear their throat behind her. She looked over to see a ginger cat, a good acquaintance of her's, as well as two other cats behind her.

"Cleo! I've been expecting you," she said.

"No you haven't," Cleo shot back.

"No I haven't," the brown pelt admitted. The mouse in her grasp slipped away from her paws, and she quickly turned her attention to it to try and grab it again, but was unsuccessful as she disappointedly watched it scurry into a crack in the barn wall and disappear.

"Awe, that was supposed to be my dinner," she said sadly. Pulling the red cloak off from her head, she finally faced the cats behind her.

"You would've had it if, y'know, you would've used your claws." Cleo said. She laughed.

"You know I'd rather have finishing blows be from my bite. Momma didn't pass down her sharp teeth for nothin'." She said, smiling just to show off said teeth. "But anyways, who're the two scoundrels you brought with you? It's not like you to just bring friends, or have them for that matter."

Cleo rolled their eyes as the red cloaked cat laughed again.

"Scott, Jimmy," Cleo said, turning to each one respectively, "this is Pearl, otherwise known in the barn as the Scarlet Witch."

Pearl had a light brown coat with a dark brown stripe going from her nose, along her back, all the way to her tail. A thin scar pierced her left eye, making the eye red in contrary to her other light blue eye, and a small chip in her dark brown ear and scratch marks against her back left leg went to match. Her paws up to her elbows and knees were dark brown as well, with near white soles flowing through the bottom of her feet and the same color at the tip of her tail. What was most odd was her red cloak, which wrapped around her neck and held a hood that would go over her head like a veil.

"Just Pearl is enough, thank you," Pearl said, "for rogues, that is. You two don't seem like rogues. Smell more like kittypets if anything."

"It's our first day," Scott said, bringing a quick laugh out of Pearl.

"You even speak like a kittypet! That's hilarious," she commented. "So what's a couple of ya doin' here wanting to be rogues? Tired of your endless food and protection?"