A Tribute

This chapter is dedicated to Jellie, GoodTimesWithScar's cat who sadly passed away two days ago on Jan 4th. I sincerely hope that Scar and his family can take as much time as they need to heal from this tragedy, and that Jellie is resting well

Cats were frequent in StarClan, that was obvious on its own. If you were a cat, and you had a good spirit, you were here, simple as that. That being said, it was still somewhat sad to see so many kits running about with their ancestors.

Tincook looked down upon his clan with pride, and he felt lucky to have such amazing friends and family where in his past he had none. Even being over 200 moons old by the time he reached to the stars, he felt right at home with the cats in HermitClan. Sharing stories, telling jokes, even the kits pestered him sometimes with these unspoken traditions, but he didn't mind it.

He meant to just take a quick stroll through the clan camp, even if the other cats couldn't see him. As much as StarClan could be full of rest and peace, it was still nice to stretch your legs every once and a while. Hunting in StarClan was a common activity too after all. But what he didn't expect was to feel a presence, one that wasn't living like the rest of the cats.

His senses brought him to their burial place, the same place where he knew his own body was and has been. What saddened him to find was 3 cats he recognized, along with a little shimmering cat sat next to them.

Scar was laid down next to Grainwing and Cubfang, all 3 of them looking as if their sleep now had been prefaced by a night full of tears. The shimmering cat was Jellie, a cat Scar had adopted a long time ago after her mother, Jamm, passed away when Jellie was still a kit.

Jellie turned around to look up at Tincook, the stars in her grey and white pelt as plain to see as his own. Tincook didn't say a word, he didn't feel the need to, instead sitting by her side in silence and solidarity. He couldn't imagine being a parent and loosing a kit like that, or vice versa. But he did know that losing your only life was also painful of itself, so at the very least, he could make sure Jellie was okay, if not for anyone else, then for Scar.

He would sit there for the next few days with her, long after watching Scar wake up and sob all over again with his close companions there for comfort. Jellie may have been stubborn, but she was loving and understanding too, so after the few days of staying near her burial, Tincook helped lead her up to StarClan.

She rested well, she played and chased and hunted often, and every now and again she would go back down to visit the wonderful cat that had taught her all the things she knew and took care of her when no one else could. As much as it weighed on Scar, the thought of no longer being near his kit, he still wasn't always truly alone. Jellie would swear up and down that he knew when she was there, because he always seemed more at ease when she was.

They could remember each other, the lasting impact they had between them would never change no matter what happened, and they would never forget each other.

But most importantly of all, they would never stop loving each other.

That, at the very least, was something they could be happy about.