(Short) Visiting

CCs used:

Hypnotizd=Hypnotide
xBCrafted=Axeguard
JoeHills=Joehill

Any other characters mentioned are OCs

Directly after the events of "Doomstar's First Life"

"Hypno!"

"Axe!"

Axeguard trotted over to his best friend and mate, careful not to run in the medicine den. "I'm so sorry! I heard about what happened as soon as I got back, are you okay?"

Hypnotide nodded, though his smile was temporary. "I-I'm still kinda shaken up, b-but I'll be alright..."

The black cat's leg had been grabbed by the red cat who'd killed Jessstrike on the same patrol, and as they threw him about, they twisted his whole back leg in a way that it definitely should not have been twisted in. Joehill managed to somewhat correct the orientation and put it in a splint, but he made it clear that the limb would take moons to heal fully, if it ever would at all. So Hypnotide was going to be stuck in the medicine den for a while, and he wasn't very fond of the idea.

That, combined with the horrifying experience itself still weighing on him and the pain running through his leg despite all the poppyseeds he was given, his nerves were more shot than ever, and he couldn't control the shaking that was racking his body. He tried to smile for his mate, but it was obvious that he was putting on a front, and Axeguard knew it.

Instead of forcing his mate to say anything, the brown cat curled up against Hypnotide, careful to not hurt his leg, and laid his head on the black cat's cheek when he rested his own head on the ground. Axeguard's purring, both the calming sounds and the vibrations Hypnotide felt against his face, comforted him as he laid there. It was as if Axeguard was softly whispering sweet nothings to him without saying a word at all, and Hypnotide understood completely what he meant.

With no warning, Axeguard heard a sniffle. Looking down at his mate, he saw Hypnotide with tears in his eyes, desperately trying to wipe them away. Axeguard continued with his actions, knowing that it would be better to simply comfort him rather than coax him out of crying.

While Hypnotide was still very much upset about his predicament, he was more so happy to have a mate who cared about him so much. He felt like life could put him through every challenge it had and not give him a chance to win once, but as long as Axeguard was still by his side, cheering him on and sticking with him through thick and thin, he'd be alright.

Normally, the medicine cats weren't keen on visitors staying in the medicine den for such long periods of time, but for those two, they all collectively agreed to make an exception.