(Short) Chasing

CCs used:

Grian=Grainwing
BigB=Cookie

Any other characters mentioned are OCs.

Paws took to the earth and bounded upward, flinging dry dirt into the air as the cat kept running and weaving between the trees. The cat behind Grainwing snarled, still convinced that he was supposed to be easy prey, but he was evading her capture way to well for a small cat.

Suddenly, the tree line stopped. It opened up to a small beach, water rising and falling against the coast. A few two-legs wandered around, but none of them were of concern to the cats, though they did turn their heads to look at them passing through.

With no trees to use his nimble body as an advantage to, the white and black cat behind him started to get closer. Grainwing made sure to scrape his back paws on the sand as he ran, kicking up the particles to throw at the pursuing cat's face, but that only worked for so long until she simply closed her eyes through it and used her nose to keep track of him instead.

But that was only part of the plan.

Grainwing ran to the edge of the beach, where a chain linked fence separated the sand from the grass on the other side. Without warning, he jumped onto the fence and launched himself backwards into the air, giving the white and black cat an opening to slam her head into the fence, a loud jingling signifying the harsh crash that left her in a daze. His shiny blonde and white soled paws hit the sand behind her, and with that, he took back off into the forest across, laughing at his victory all the way until she could no longer hear him.

...

Cookie heard the cat door to the shack open, looking over from his scratching post to see his friend looking drained.

"I made a mistake running all the way heeeeere..." he said, plopping himself onto the rickety wooden floor. Cookie sighed and got off of the post, jumping onto the countertop and grabbing a snack to come down with.

Grainwing smelled the edible cookie before he saw it, watching as the cat Cookie offered it to him.

"Don't worry," the black cat said, "it's just oatmeal, I checked."

The two spent the rest of their afternoon just like any other, sharing stories and spending time together until Cookie's two-leg came home and Grainwing had to leave out of clan loyalty.