What's the point?

•first person •

I'm so done with everything. Jake, my best friend, just left me for those Freaks! Why can't he see that they're using him? Why am I the one who is the villain? 

I stand on the rooftop of the school. A gust of wind blows my velvet hair over my eyes. I don't care though. 

I close my eyes and picture myself sitting in a garden with Jake. I remember that moment. It was my birthday. Jake made a little homemade "Hugs from your bestie" coupon for me because he couldn't afford anything. I honestly preferred it that way. Jake was the only thing I needed to be happy. I wouldn't care if the world was ending as long as I had Jake and his happy smile. I took that coupon to my full advantage. 

Snack time? Hug. Lunch? Hug. Just trying to go to sleep? Hug. Playing tag with the other kids in the neighborhood? Hug. 

I sigh, *Oh how I wish we could go back in time so I could have you all to myself*, I thought with misery. 

"Hey, Drew! Stop being emo and help me convince Henry that Sandy's mom is hotter than Sandy!" William, one of my friends, yelled as he interrupted my trance. "Oh, please! Sandy is so much hotter!" Henry remarked.

"Nuh uh"

"Uh huh"

"WOULD YOU TWO JUST SHUT UP!?" I snapped. I was getting sick and tired of this arguing! I felt tears building up in my eyes. I WAS NOT going to let them, or anyone for that matter, to see me like that. 

I ran downstairs to the bathroom. I felt so vulnerable. I locked myself in the biggest stall and started crying. Nothing was fair! All I wanted was to have my best friend, but no, life decided to rip the only source happiness that I had away from me. I cried for what felt like hours.

Then, my phone buzzed. It was a post from Zoey. 

~ZoeyDarling~: hey! Look at what I saw?~

A picture of me with a tear stained face was pinned underneath her post. My pupils dilated with pure rage and worry.

This couldn't be happening! What did I do to deserve any of this!? 

I threw my phone into the wall. Shards of what used to be my phone littered the floor. I didn't care. I could just buy another one anyway, but what's the point? Its not like I'll even use it.