The call

"Drew?" 

I trembled as I held my phone. "Yes, it's me. Uh..sorry..ill just go-"

"Are you okay? It's 11 o'clock at night! Do you need me to come over?" Jake's voice drenched in concern. I was speechless. How can he still want me after all I've done? 

I bit my lip. "No, actually," I chuckled awkwardly, "I, uh, just punched my mirror and now my hand is all bloody. I just panicked and called the first number that came to mind." There was no point in lying anyway.

"WHAT THE F*%#, DREW!? WHY WOULD YOU PUNCH YOUR MIRROR!? THAT'S IT. IM COMING OVER."  Jake yelled across the phone. "Its not that serious-"

"STFU! I'm at your window. Let me in." Jake hung up. I walked out the bathroom and there he was. At my window.

I let him in. He grabbed my arm and dragged me to the bathroom. "Woah- what are you doing?" I asked, surprised. Jake rolled his eyes as he said nothing and begun to sit me down. He opened the cabinets with a determined look. He returned with a first aid kit. 

"You're A dumbo, you know that?" He said after a few minutes if silence while opening up the first aid kit. I was baffled. "Excuse me-" I was cut off by the hiss I let out as Hydrogen  Peroxide was poured on my open wounds. "Ow ow ow ow ow ow!" I whined. Jake rolled his eyes once more and began to put ointment on my cuts. "Stop being a baby, Drew." He snorted out a laugh. 

I smiled. I've haven't seen Jake happy sense the music freaks kicked him out. I missed the sound of his laughter. His little smile when Zoey messes up. His warm hugs and kind personality. Despite what he's been through, he still tries to be nice. I just don't understand how those freaks couldn't want him.

"Um..Im done." Jake filled the silence. I blushed in embarrassment. "Oh! Um..sorry. I didn't want to bother you..sorry." I stood up and walked out the room. My face felt hot. Jake followed behind me.

"Nah, it's fine, man. I just.."

"Wish I was Hailey?" I finished for him. I felt tears build up in my eyes.

"Drew, I- you know- Drew I can explain-" He stuttered. I chuckle sadly, "You know," I interrupt him, "I don't blame you. I've been a pretty bad friend. I should have been there for you. I hurt you, manipulated you even, and for what? Because I was jealous? Hailey probably didn't do that." 

There was no stopping the tears that rolled down my face. I started ugly crying. Jake just held me in his arms as I was having a mental breakdown. 

We ended up falling asleep while cuddling on my bed. I don't remember much of that night, but I will cherish it forever.