Prologue

2019

Hi! I'm Jianna Elize "Jia" Hernandez, a 14 years old student from Cavite. I grew up in a family where love and affection are present. I can say that I am glad to be part of my family because of the treatment we share together. We may not have much money to spend nor a well-built house like the other family. But we have one thing we could be proud of and that is the love we share with each other.

Growing up I felt the contentment of having a good life with my family despite the challenges thrown at us. Being the eldest among two children, I have responsibilities to fulfill especially with my younger sister. 

I have to learn the household chores and help out my parents to provide for our family needs. It is tough, especially when I saw how my parents struggled in raising me and my sister. They would do anything in order for us to have a comfortable life. 

So when I have the capability to help out, I insist on myself to contribute in providing our family needs. When I was 11 years old I did tutors to support my family and my studies. 

While doing sideline tutors, I tried my best to manage my time for academics,sports and other extracurricular activities. I am the top student in our school and because of that I got a scholarship that helps me in my school expenses.

I planned my future on having a good job that could probably help my family to have a better and comfortable life. 

Little did I know my life would turn 360° in a snap of a finger. The simple life I grew up in in the province would change to a life that I could never imagine to had and this is because of my true identity.