Part 8

We're on our way to my family's condo and to be honest I am nervous about the thought that I would meet my real family. Actually, I met my mom's other sisters when they went to my victory celebration last time but my grandmother wasn't there. The idea of it made me anxious at some point because she is not only my grandmother but she is also the Vice President of the country and I don't know how I should feel about it.

" Ok ka lang ba? You look anxious, is it because of me? Are you not comfortable being with me?", Ms. Aika asked while driving. She noticed my actions.

" Hindi po, actually I am comfortable being with you po", I answered.

"Then bakit parang hindi ka mapakali? What's bothering you?", She asked.

" Uhhmm…to be honest po kinakabahan po ako dahil mamemeet ko na po yung family niyo, especially your mom. The Vice President of the country. ", I said.

" Anak, it's okay wag kang kabahan, alam mo bang excited nga silang makita ka lalo na si mama. She may be the Vice President of this country but in our house she is just a simple mother and now a grandmother too. Do you know na hinintay niya ang araw nato, na bumalik ka samin, she cancelled all of her appointments today to welcome you and to cook for you. Kaya you don't need to worry kasi sobra ka nilang namiss pati ang mga tita mo", she states.

" Ganito na lang mag drive thru na lang tayo then order ka ng comfort food mo. May madadaan tayong Jollibee, kumakain ka ba dun?"She genuinely asked.

"Opo, that's my favorite fast food chain", I replied.

"Really, that's also my favorite. Particularly, their fries together…

" With their Sundae and you will dip the fries on it", I continued.

"Hahahaha, you are really my daughter, we have so many things in common", she commented while laughing. That's the first time I saw her laugh and it made me smile.

After our drive thru moments, a few minutes later we arrive at the condo

We are now in front of the door when she knocked and someone opened the door. It was Ms. Tricia who immediately helped us to carry my things. Then I saw Ms. Jillian in the living room doing something. She welcomed us and gave me a hug. After that, someone come out from the kitchen, it was VP Leni and she welcomed me with the smile and a warm hug.

" Finally, welcome home apo. Ang tagal naming hinintay ang pagkakataong ito. Thank God bumalik ka samin ", she said as she touched my face.

" Ohh em, new favorite alert, Jillian welcome to non favorite club", Ms. Tricia teased Ms. Jillian.

"Well I'm still the favorite daughter because she is the favorite apo", Ms. Jillian bantered.

" Hayy naku tumigil na kayo, kararating lang ng pamangkin niyo pakainin niyo muna sila baka napagod sila sa byahe. Jia apo halika kumain muna kayo at nagluto ako", Vp Leni invited us to dine in.

" Thank you po…..Vp", I didn't know how to address her.

" Ano ka ba masyado ka namang pormal parang hindi kita apo, lola na lang ha, lola leni na lang itawag mo sakin okay", she said.

" Sorry po di lang po ako sanay pero okay po L-ola Leni ", I replied.

" Masasanay ka rin", she added.

" Oo nga, kaya ang itatawag mo na rin sakin Tita Tricia, Tita Trish or Tita Patty because your mom calls me patty. Ikaw na bahala pumili kung ano gusto mo itawag sa akin basta wag lang miss okay", Tita Pat said.

" Okay po bang Tita Pat na lang I find it cute po eh ", I said.

" Oks na oks no problem", she replied.

" Sa akin naman Tita Jill na lang, we're just like on the same generation naman", Tita Jill said.

" Okay po Tita Jill", I stated.

" Masyado namang self proclaimed yung same generation 5 years naman gap niyo", Tita Pat butt in.

" At least our age our close compare to yours", Tita Jill fought back.

" Tumigil na nga kayong dalawa dyan, by the way Jia ano palang tawag mo kay Aiks mama, mommy, mom or what", Lola Leni asked which makes me guilty because even until now I don't know how to address my own mother. It takes me too long to answer.

" Ahmm ma hayaan na lang muna natin siyang mag decide regarding on that. Baka di pa sya ready", she looked at me and smiled.

" Anyway after nitong meal hayaan muna natin siyang magpahinga baka napagod siya sa byahe. Right Jia", she said which I nodded. I sensed the silence until we finished the meal.

My mother guides me to our room. There are three rooms in this condo, one for Lola Leni and Tita Jill, one for Tita Pat and the other one is for us.

" Ito yung kwarto natin, pwede nating ilagay dito sa cabinet yung mga gamit mo. Nalinis ko na naman ito, if you want to change anything just tell me. Ahhmm ok lang ba pala sayo na kasama mo ako sa kwarto baka kasi hindi ka comfortable pwede naman ako dun sa kwarto ni patty", she told me.

"Okay lang po, gusto ko rin  po kayong makasama at makatabi matulog kaya po walang problema sa akin", I saw how she smile on what I said.

" Okay sige, iwanan na lang muna kita saglit para makapag bihis ka na kung may kailangan ka lang nandito lang ako sa labas you can call me ", she said.

I stopped and held her hand before she opened the door. That's why she turned to me.

" Bakit ,do you need anything?", She asked.

" Ahmm wala po gusto ko lang po mag thank you", I said.

" For what? ", She's waiting for my answer.

" For everything po, thank you po…. Mo-mmy", I hugged her tightly.