Part 9

Aika's POV

I was surprised when she calls me mommy, it was heartwarming when I heard it from her. Her hug brought peacefulness in my heart. Now I know how a mother felt when she's with her child, it was incomparable joy.

" You don't have to thank me anak, it was my responsibility na matagal kong hindi nagampanan at ngayon na binigyan ako ng pagkakataon hayaan mo akong bumawi sayo. Babawiin natin ang mga panahong nawalay tayo sa isa't isa ", I hugged her and kisses her forehead.

" Magbihis ka na and then baba ka na lang after okay", she nodded.

I went down stairs and saw my mother on the living room working on some paperworks.

" Oh Aiks nagpapahinga na ba si Jia?", She asked while reading the papers.

" Nagpapalit lang siya ma ng damit and then bababa na yun dito", I replied as I sat on the couch.

" Ngayon na lang kita ulit nakitang ngumiti ng ganyan", she commented as she looked at me.

" Ang sarap pala sa feeling ma na matawag kang mommy at mayakap mo yung anak mo", I expressed my happiness.

" I'm happy for you anak", she smiled.

" Anyway Aiks, what's your next step? You know what I mean", I understood what's she's trying to say.

" I know ma, alam ko na people would ask about her and we will introduce her as my daughter. She deserves to recognize by other people as my child", I explained to my mom.

" You're right Aiks you don't have to hide it from the people but you know the consequences of it. When they knew about Jia I'm sure they would dig on the past. Are you ready for it ?", She asked.

" Yes ma I'm ready, say what they want to say, what more important is that I am with my daughter now", I stated.

" I'm sorry Aiks you don't have to go through with all of these if not because of me. My position in government makes it complicated ", she apologized.

" Ma you don't have to, when I agreed on your running as VP, I am aware on the bad things that comes with it and I accepted those consequences right after I gave you my support".

" Pero the fact na makikilala si Jia ng marami, malaki rin ang possibility na malaman niya ang totoo. Paano kung bumalik siya sa buhay niyo ni Jia? Are you ready with it? He has the rights. They both have the rights to know each other", I know the time will come na malalaman niya ang tungkol kay Jia.

" We'll cross the bridge when we get there ma, sa ngayon ang focus ko lang muna ay makabawi sa anak ko", I explained.

After our conversation I went to the kitchen to cook for our dinner. While preparing the ingredients Jia suddenly appeared on my side.

" Mommy tulungan na po kitang magluto", she offered.

" No need na anak kaya ko nato, manood ka na lang dun sa may living room together with your titas", I said but she insisted.

" Please Mommy, let me help you", she said with her pleasing eyes.

" Okay fine", I gave in.

I instructed her to cut the ingredients and I noticed that she has good cutting skills like she masters it. I let her do the cooking while I just guide her on how to do it and I realized how she's good at it.

" Anak parang sanay sanay ka sa kusina ah, you're literally good at cooking", I commented.

" Thank you po mommy, bata pa lang po ako tinuruan na po ako ni mama na magluto kasi lagi niya pong sinasabi na importante na marunong magluto ang isang tao lalo na kung babae ka. It shows independence daw po kaya yun lumaki na po talaga akong taong kusina", she explains which I nodded.

" Ang sweet naman ng mother and daughter bonding niyo", Patty suddenly appeared from nowhere.

" Oo nga mukang masarap pa yung pagkain natin ngayon", Jillian added.
" Okay na ba yan gusto ko nang tikman yung luto mo apo", Mama said.

" Yes po Lola luto na po ito we can eat na po", Jia answered and then Patty and Jill prepare the dining area.

Our dinner was full of sharing on how our day went and other ordinary conversations. After dinner we settled on the living room to watch something on the television.

" Jia what do you want to watch?", Patty asked my daughter.

" Do you watch Kdrama? ", Mama and Jill was into Kdrama lately.

" Yes po",Jia answered.

" We can watch one or you want movies", mama added.

" Pwede po sigurong kmovies na lang tayo para po matapos din natin sya ngayon", Jia said.

" Any suggestions?", Jill said.

" I have this one kmovie po na gusto kong panoorin, ang title po niya ay " Star Nextdoor". My friend said that it was good daw po", she suggested.

" Okay let's watch it ", Patty said.

We enjoyed watching the movie, it was good, I can relate on the message of the movie. Having in a situation where you have a child in such a young age but the main character manages the dilemma very well and choose to be a mother to her child.

After that we decided to go to our rooms and call it a day for everyone. This is my first time that I would sleep with my daughter and it such a good feeling.

" Good night anak, I love you", I said as I kissed her on forehead and gave her a good night hug.

" Good night din po mommy and I love you too", she said as she hug me tightly.