Part 11

The Man's POV

I just got back to my office after my meeting. I'm currently sitting at my desk, remembering what happened earlier at the mall. That young lady I saved earlier seemed so familiar to me, I felt some connection to that kid. My thoughts were interrupted when my assistant walked in.

" Sir, this is all the information we gathered about her. We are continuing to get additional details", my assistant handed me an envelope.

" Okay, thank you", I replied.

I checked all the information, she finished the Management Engineering, then went to Harvard for her grad school and now currently the Executive Director of a Microfinance NGO.

" I'm so proud of you, you did it. I'll make sure to have you back, Aiks", the man said while looking at the papers.

Jia's POV

" Mommy, I'll walk and get some bread lang po sa malapit , babalik din po ako agad", I asked permission.

" I can come with you if you want", my mom replied.

" No, it's fine mom, you can continue your work out, madali lang po ako promise. I'll get you some bread.

" Okay, take care, bumalik ka agad", my mom said.

" Okay po, bye I love you", I said as I dashed out the house.

I walked on to the bakery near our street to get freshly baked bread. When I got there, I bumped into someone.

" I'm sorry", I apologized.

" No, it's fine, Jia?", Mr. Jake said.

" Oh, Mr. Jake kayo po pala, I'm sorry po, you also got some bread", I noticed the paper bag on his hand.

" Ah yes, before I get to the office, ikaw for bread also?", He asked.

" Opo, I bought some for the fam", I replied.

" You lived near here?", He asked.

" Yes po, we lived like one street away", I answered.

" It's too early pa, but you're awake na", he commented.

" I'm a morning person po talaga like my mom, kaya I got us some bread po to eat. Kayo po you also lived near here?", I asked.

"Yeah, my house is a few minutes away here. If you don't mind, you want coffee before you ran at home", he offered.

" I thought you were going to the office pa po", I said.

" Maaga pa naman, mind if I treat you to a coffee ", he said.

" Naku, ako nga po dapat ang magtreat sa inyo because you save me last time po", I stated.

" Don't worry it's okay, you don't owe me, I just want to treat you to a coffee and it is the first time na maamaze ako na may bata palang your age na maagang gumising and start a productive day. Sorry, but common kasi ngayon sa mga kabataan na late na gumising and wala nang ginawa kung hindi tumutok sa gadgets or whatsoever", he said.

" It's my usual routine po kasi, since nag training po ako everyday in swimming and I think I got it also on my mom, she's a morning person too", I said.

" Really? You're a swimmer pala, so nagcocompete ka rin?"He asked.

" Yes po, my last competition was the Palarong Pambansa ", I answered.