Shrieking in the Woods

The two had spent the day out by the river, now packing everything up to go back to the shack.

Now almost completely dry, Kageyama starts putting his clothes back on, waiting for Tanaka to do the same.

Once tying his shoes, they start walking back, tired and wanting to sit down on the couch.

Opening the bag, Kageyama starts putting everything away, then heads toward the cabinet with clothes, pulling some out and handing a pair of sweatpants and shirt to Tanaka.

Taking off his own clothes, Tobio puts his sweatpants and shirt on, turning the couch into a bed.

Hurrying to put on his clothes, Tanaka slips in next to him, suddenly feeling exhausted.

"I'm sorry," Tobio says quietly. "For what?"
"For being a jerk. When you tried to help, and I pushed you away." He admits. Tanaka pulls him closer, hugging him tighter, rubbing his hands through his soft hair. "You going back home today?"
"Why? You want me to?" He jokes. "Are you?"
"No."
"Neither am I then...hey so uhm what about volleyball?"
"What about it?"
"Wouldn't everyone start getting worried? Since you haven't shown up yet?"

Tobio shakes his head. "No. I told Coach Ukai earlier that I wouldn't be coming to practice that night."
"Were you gonna come here even if I didn't-"
"Kidnap me? Yes I would've actually."
"You would've actually slept the night here by yourself?"
"Well yeah, of course I do."
"Don't you ever get scared?"
"Not really. No."

Tanaka and Kageyama had an early night that night, both having tired themselves out at the river.

That night, Tanaka woke up to what sounded like a woman shrieking in the woods.

Trying to comfort him again, Tobio squeezed his hand and pulled him closer, pulling the blanket up for comfort.

"We're safe in here," he whispers, cuddling up against him. Nodding, Tanaka tries his best to get back to sleep, although it's not that easy when it feels like something is watching you.

"Can't get you in here," Tobio reassures, already going back to sleep. "You're really cute, you know that?" Tanaka whispers.
"Oh you think so?" Tobio asks back, half asleep. "Oh-I uh uhm thought you had fallen asleep," Tanaka admits.

Kageyama giggles softly. "God you're such a weirdo." He says, kissing him on the cheek, then turning on his side.

Tanaka, who felt his face heat up and freeze momentarily, also turn in his side, throwing a leg over Kageyama, holding him close, somehow falling back asleep.