Strangers in the Store

Over the past week, Tanaka and Kageyama have managed to become closer.

Usually, he'd find him at the library or on the roof, some days they'd eat quietly together, while other days Tanaka would make him laugh so hard that he'd be clutching his stomach.

Luckily, Tanaka even managed to convince Kageyama to stay over at Kageyama's house, which is exactly why he found himself staying later at the gym than usual.

Sweating and puffing, taking several gulps of water, he's glad that their practice had ended, because that means he finally gets to go over to Tobio's.

Wanting a snack and not being able to wait, they made a quick stop at the store.

Coach Ukai, who was sitting at the front counter reading a random magazine, narrowed his eyes at the first year. 

His black eye was gone, but no matter how much anyone pesters, he refuses to say what had happened and would walk away from them. 

The little bell went off, signaling that someone else had walked in. A middle-aged man and a woman.

The couple had past the high schoolers, who were busy bickering and joking around with each other.

They had caught Tobio's eye, he goes quiet and still, before walking out, confusing both Tanaka and their coach.

"Oi! What happened?" Ukai asks. "Not sure. I could be wrong, but I think it has something to do with the two who just walked in." He says the last part quietly, hoping that they wouldn't hear.

Ukai takes a glance at the two, nodding.

Tanaka walks out, forgetting about the snacks, and going after Tobio.