A Regular Day

Tobio opens his eyes, sits up and stretches. He's about to get up when Tanaka, who's only half awake, grabs him and forces him back onto the bed.

"Tanaka?"
"No, five more minutes."
"But I gotta cook breakfast."
"No, you can do that later, five more minutes." Tanaka mumbles.

Succumbing to the warmth and comfort, Tobio lies back down, where neither wake up until half an hour later.

"Yeah, five minutes he says," Kageyama grumbles, waiting for the kettle to boil. Tanaka is hugging him from behind again. "You're clingier than usual," Kageyama points out.

"No, I'm not." Tanaka mutters. "Yes, you are." Tobio says back. "I told you; I missed you." Tanaka says, taking the kettle and pouring the water into their cups, letting Tobio stir everything together.

Taking their cups, they head towards the lounge room, with their breakfast, quietly sitting together.

The two didn't do much that day, besides morning and afternoon practice anyway. They changed out of Tobio's pajamas and into a pair of comfy clothes.

Grabbing a blanket, the two sat and cuddled on the couch, watching movies and talking.

"So, you don't live with anyone?" Tanaka asks. Kageyama shakes his head. "Nope, it's just me." He answers. "It must be pretty lonely then, right?" He nods.

"Yeah, waking up to no one isn't very fun. And the house is always quiet. I'm out most of the time anyway, so it doesn't really matter."

Grabbing Tobio's hand, he holds, and doesn't let go, not wanting to.

He fears that this has all been a dream. Something too good to be true, and yet, it's not a dream. He's lying on Kageyama's couch, again, cuddling together.

"What are you smiling about?" Tobio asks, Tanaka shakes his head. "Nothing, don't worry about it." He says, not wanting to tell him the truth, afraid, for multiple reasons.

That if he confessed, Tobio might reject him. Or if he did confess and he did accept, it might ruin the friendship they already have.

Interlocking his fingers with Tanakas, he lifts up their hands and gives him a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"You staying tonight as well?" Tobio asks as they're eating lunch. "Well if you'd like to, unless you've got something going on?" Kageyama shakes his head.

"No. I like having you as company, it's fun." He answers in a nonchalant tone. "You do?"
"Yeah, it's fun hanging out with you."

Once they finished lunch, Kageyama put their plates away. "Can we go get ice cream? I want something sweet."
"Yeah sure, we can do that."

Putting on their shoes and grabbing their wallets, Tobio locks the door, and they start walking.

Tanaka paid for the both of them, even though Tobio said he can pay, where they ended up at a park, happily eating their ice creams together.

It was some time before they left to go back home then toward afternoon practice, which was the same as usual.

Hinata with the ball, asking him to play, the Coaches giving him pitiful looks, where he's sure Ukai has already told Takeda everything by now, the third and second years still probably wanting to know what had happened, then he gets to go back home.

Upon entering, Tobio's right, the house is very quiet...and empty...and dark.

"Do you come home to this every day?" He can't help but ask. "Yeah. Not very fun if you ask me. But it's whatever I guess."

"How long have you been living like this?" Tanaka can't help but ask. Kageyama shrugs, "Since I was twelve or thirteen, I think."

Heading into his room, he pulls out 2 sets of clothes, letting Tanaka go for a shower first.

'Or we could just go for a shower together?' He wanted to say, but obviously didn't.