Can't play

Tanaka glanced at him during breakfast the next day, though said nothing. Tobio seemed to be in his usual mood, so it probably wouldn't matter if he didn't say anything to him anyway.

So he eats his breakfast in peace, leaving Kageyama to his own.

The way over to school isn't anything special. Tanaka can't tell if Tobio is his regular quiet, or a sad quiet, not that he's going to ask.

It's only during morning practice, does he realise that somethings wrong.

As usual, Hinata ran up to him, "Wanna practice with me?" He asks, ball in his hand with a smile. "Mmm nah I'm good." He walks off into a corner, stretching.

Hinata runs after him, "please?"
"No."
"Come on, please?"
"Not in the mood." He says flatly, turning away from him. A little crestfallen, he walks off.

Of course, that isn't what made him realise that something is wrong. Kageyama rejects him all the time, that's nothing new.

Coach Ukai walked in some time later, blowing his whistle. Kageyama sighed and heaved himself up, looking at the coach with a frown.

Every serve, block and receive had looked like he was struggling, instead of his usual effortless self, which did not go unnoticed by the team.

"Kageyama!" Ukai calls when morning practice had finished. Tanakas next to him, waiting to see what the coach wants so they can go.

"Alone would be nice." Tanaka rolls his eyes and leaves, waiting for him somewhere outside.  "What the fuck are you doing playing?"
"What do you mean?" Tobio asks back. "You're supposed to take several days off to let your body heal. You're not going to heal if you keep pushing your self. I don't want to see you back in this gym until you're healed properly alright?" He says in a stern tone. "Yeah. Sure. Whatever." Kageyama says back, annoyed. 

"What'd coach want?" Tanaka asks, curious. "Nothing interesting. Said I can't play for a few days until my body heals or something."
"So you won't be coming this afternoon?" Tobio shakes his head. "That sucks." He nods in agreement.