Staying at Tanakas

~I didn't know who Tanakas parents are, so I made them up. Hope you're still enjoying this story btw!~

"What the fuck did he just say?" Tanaka asks through deep breaths. "I just said that my moms boyfriend had strangled me." Tobio explains casually. "Why? What? What happened?"

"Later." Is all he says, staring at the ground. Nodding, Tanaka grabs his hand and helps him off the counter. Tobio grabs his bags and exits the store, waiting for Tanaka.

Kiyoko exits the store before him, it seems like he and the coach are talking, obviously about him.

"Do you need someone to walk you home?" He asks her. "It's okay. I can manage." she says back. He frowns, then opens the door. "Oi! We're walking Kiyoko home! So hurry up and stop gossiping." He yells.

A second later, Tanaka leaves the store. "It's okay, really you dont need-" "No it's fine, I want to." Kageyama says, interrupting her.

The two walk her home in silence. She thanks them before unlocking the door with a key. Once she's inside and safe, they walk over to Tanaka's. "You don't need to explain anything, coach already told me what happened." He says, grabbing a bag off him. "You can stay as long as you need to."

Soon enough, they're at his door step. Taking out his own key, Tanaka unlocks the door, letting Tobio go in first. He takes off his shoes before headin into Tanaka's room, dropping his school bag on the floor.

"Can I go for a shower?" He asks Tanaka, who's standing in the doorway. "Yeah, I'll just go and get you a towel." He answers, setting Kageyama's bag down on his bed, then walking over to the linen cupboard, grabbing out a clean towel and handing it to him.

Tobio gives a thank you, heading into the shower. He locks the door and takes his clothes off, turning the shower on, he rests his head and fists against the wall, letting the water run down his still aching and bruised body.

Quickly, he scrubs himself with soap and rinses, turning the shower off and stepping out, wrapping the towel around his waist. He avoids the mirror while drying off.

He heads into Tanakas room, searching through his bag for a spare change of clothes, going back into the bathroom to change. He hangs the towel up then leaves, flopping onto Tanaka's bed, who walks in and sits beside him.

"You know I've told you, that you can go to me for anything right?" He says, rubbing Tobios back. "I know."
"Then why didn't you?" Kageyama shrugs. "Because I felt bad for bothering you with my problems." he answers truthfully. "Tobio, you're not a bother if I want you. And I'll talk to my parents about you when they come home, okay?" Tanaka gives him a kiss on the head. Tobio gives a hum as a response.

Its late when the two adults to get home, and when they do, Tobio has already fallen asleep.

Tanaka made sure to not fall asleep, needing to explain Tobios situation to them."We're home!" His mother, Mei, says, taking her heeled shoes off then setting her bag on the kitchen bench.

Tanaka comes out, looking fidgety. "I brought back food, if you haven't eaten already-what's wrong with you?" His dad, Yori, asks, setting the bag on the bench, taking out the containments.

"So uh, you do you remember Tobio?" They try not to let their excitement show. They already know about his crush on the setter, it's not like he did very well at hiding it. "His mom kicked him out, and he doesn't really have anywhere to go, can he stay here?" They smile at him.

"Yes yes of course he can!" His father says enthusiastically. "Where is he?" His mom asks. "He's in my room, asleep." He answers, dishing himself some dinner, stomach rumbling. "Has he eaten yet?" Mei asks. "You know it's important to eat, especially for growing children," she lectures.

Finishing his food, he washes up his plate. "I'm going to bed now. Goodnight!" He yells, heading toward the bathroom. "Did you have enough?" His mother yells back. "Yes! Thanks!"

After brushing his teeth, he heads toward his bedroom, finding his way through the dark, lying on his bed, cuddling Kageyama.