Chapter One

Asha and I received contact from the palace a day after our wedding.

The knights were rushing to get me there as soon as possible, and in the end, I decided to leave that day.

"Hadel. As expected, I think I should go with..."

As I was about to board the carriage, I heard the young Asha's worried voice. I slowly turned towards her, the sound of her soft voice making my heart beat quickly.

"Asha."

I know that if I leave now, I won't be able to see you for a while.

That's why I really don't want to, and my feet don't want to move.

I slowly reached out my hand towards her.

I couldn't see, but it didn't matter.

Asha took my hand extended midair and brought it to her cheek, as she always did.

My heart raced and I felt excited at the touch of her warm, soft skin.

"I'm really okay. The palace is a dangerous place. I'll go first to assess the situation, then call for you."

"It's because it's dangerous that I have to go with you, don't you think?"

Asha's voice, which had always been strong, was tinged with anxiety.

What kind of expression is on your face right now?

Are you about to cry, or are you so worried that your eyelashes are bent downwards?

Just imagining this makes me feel like I have the entire world, so if I were to actually see your face, I think I might die on the spot.

"Asha. Don't worry too much. I'm stronger than you think."

"But..."

I covered Asha's lips with my finger lightly before she could say any more.

At the soft feeling, my heart became ticklish once more.

"Asha, I want to see you."

I want to see you.

I want to see what you look like.

Unfortunately, I had never seen Asha's face before.

This is because I was born with bad eyes.

So, why is the palace looking for me now, when they threw me away before?

With a message that I should rush to the palace, and that they'll fix my eyes for me?

"However, if you're ever in danger, I'll give up that dream."

Although I yearned to see my beloved wife, her safety was more important to me.

Asha paused for a second at my firm words, before opening her mouth.

"Okay. I'll trust you, Hadel."

Although it seemed like she wanted to say more, she wordlessly put a hand on top of my head.

Because I liked the feeling of her fingers slowly brushing through my hair, the sides of my mouth went up subconsciously.

Feeling insatiable, I pulled her hand down and kissed the back of it.

"Hadel, will that be enough?"

"Hm?"

I was about to ask what she meant by that when suddenly, Asha grabbed me by the collar and pulled me in.

Then, I felt something quickly touch and leave my lips.

Seeing that I was so shocked I could only blink, she laughed quietly and wiped my lip with her thumb.