Chapter Thirteen

Upon hearing that His Majesty the Emperor had arrived, Madame Chunet hastily got up and left.

I hadn't thought Hadel, the king of timidity, would come find me so soon!

"Y-Your Majesty!"

Hadel was truly in front of the door, staring at me with a panic-stricken expression.

My goodness.

I haven't prepared myself to meet you yet...

"Kyaaa!"

It happened immediately.

The moment our gazes met, I was laid down onto the bed as my eyes shook. As his breaths touched my nose, I could feel the yearning from my memories coming back up.

"You."

While I was trying my best to ignore the memories flooding in, the voice that came from Hadel's mouth was full of anxiousness.

He purposefully came even closer to me and grabbed my silver hair with one hand.

We made eye contact again, and Hadel's pretty dark pink eyes started shaking.

"Just who are you?" he asked roughly, as if he was a growling beast.

I wanted to tell him "it's me" and "I've returned," but I glanced at where the Head Maid had been standing.

Although she'd left as soon as Hadel entered, she was definitely listening in on our conversation.

Plus, the soldier from the Ru Tribe was probably surveilling me and watching the situation from outside the window.

Rahu, was it?

Regardless, because I was being observed, I couldn't speak freely.

"Your Majesty, I didn't think you'd visit me today."

It was the truth.

Weren't you the kid who'd think and think about what you wanted to say, only finally speaking when your thoughts were on the verge of rotting?

"What a strange method of seduction."

A strange method of seduction? Isn't interpreting what I said as seduction strange in and of itself...?

I suddenly became worried that even his mind had gotten sick. Did my concern show in my expression?

The hand grabbing my hair tightened as his face crumpled and darkened.

"Do it again."

"...Your Majesty?"

"I told you to do it again."

Yes, but what exactly are you asking me to do again?

Although I was on the verge of letting such complaints come out of my mouth, I held them in because something bad could happen if I messed up.

I had to be extra careful until Hadel acknowledged that I was Ashella.

"What... are you talking about?"

"Was it just a coincidence?"

What do you mean?!

As I watched Hadel, who was seemingly having a conversation with himself, I carefully placed my hand on his.

He flinched, but then his body started trembling and his expression hardened.

His gaze followed my hand.

What, do you hate holding hands with me that much? You liked it so much before.

Though his actions made sense since he didn't know who I was, I felt strangely betrayed.