Chapter Seven

I was slowly growing dazed after hearing so many shocking words.

Even if you resented the current emperor for his tyranny, how could you say that he would do terrible things to the Queen?

There's no way my gentle Hadel would do such a thing.

"I was originally going to ask Ariana because of her silver hair. And since His Majesty is kind to the de Ach family, he won't kill Ariana right away if she goes in as the Queen, no matter how crazy he is. However, I think this maid is much better to use."

After saying that, Nella turned to look at me.

As she slowly observed me with clear contempt in her expression, doubt slowly clouded her face.

"How does a lowly maid have such a rich color? No, wait a second. You somehow... look kind of similar...?"

Nella looked back and forth between Ariana and I with her purple eyes.

Flinching, I bowed my head, but Nella had already begun looking at my family and I with suspicious eyes.

"That's obvious. This child is my distant relative. Her name..."

Luckily, my father covered it up well. However, we had run into a rut. It seemed he didn't know what he should say for my name.

I took a step forward and opened my mouth.

"My name is Serienne."

"Hm. I see. The Viscount's distant relative. Then are you a noble? Aren't you a maid?"

"...No, I am a maid. Please treat me comfortably, My Lady."

Since Serienne's identity is actually a commoner.

This was the identity that had been created after I had wandered around, with no memory nor identity, getting locked up in jail several times as a result.

Although I had planned on getting rid of it as there was no need for it now, it seemed that I needed it again.

"Well, I've said all that I wanted to say. I will take it as the Viscount has no objections?"

"No, wait one moment, My Lady. This child is still my...!"

"Viscount."

Although my father tried to protest, Nella cut him off with a firm expression that showed she would not tolerate any objections. Her voice, which had dropped a pitch, made it clear that this was a threat.

"The Viscount does not have the right to protest. If I say it is, so it shall be."

"...!"

"Then, shall we leave right away? I have an impatient personality. And there isn't much time left until the queen's appointment ceremony."

Smiling widely, Nella stood up.

The chair she had been sitting on quickly disappeared among the maids.

Nella brushed herself off before gesturing with her hand, causing the office's door to open.

"What are you doing? Follow me."

At her behaviour and words which made it clear she believed following her was the obvious action to take, I unconsciously clenched my fists.

However, I had to hold it in for now.

"Please wait one moment, My Lady."

"Are you saying that someone like you would dare make me wait?"

"I need to bid farewell to the Viscount."