Chapter Five

Mother held me for a long time, weeping.

She called my name again and again, and caressed my cheek so much that it started becoming red.

Meeting again is a truly wonderful thing. Since it was a happy day, I resolved not to cry.

But I couldn't do it, even though I tried.

Then, when my tears finally stopped and words could come out of my mouth again.

"How... could this be! Honey! Who is that... that lady who looks exactly like Asha?"

It was Father, who had finished his work in his office and had come out, and the same thing repeated.

At first, his eyes got wide as if he couldn't believe what he saw, and he denied the sight for a moment before hugging me tightly to him, covering us with tears and snot.

"This father didn't believe it! I didn't believe it, Asha! I thought that the fact that you were dead was complete nonsense! Seriously!"

"Ugh...! Honey, you were the first to tell us we needed to accept reality!"

"That's right, Father! Why are you pretending otherwise now?"

"A-ahem! But in my heart, I believed that there was no way that Asha was dead."

Seeing my father shaking his head with a red face, all of us started laughing.

Although all of us had cried so much that our noses and eyes were completely red, we were happier than ever.

"But Asha... Ashella. My daughter! I'm so happy. Seriously... wah!"

Father's silver eyes trembled before filling with tears once more.

Then, as if forgetting our laughter from just a moment ago, we all started sobbing again.

Although we wanted to stop crying, it was impossible.

Even I, who had made up my mind firmly, couldn't control my tears.

"Stop crying, Father. Mother, too."

"Wahhhh! Of course we will. This is such a happy day. Such a happy day, but...!"

Still in disbelief, Father was busy wiping his tears, looking up at me. Then, he continued wailing.

I think it might take a bit of time for them to calm down.

* * *

On the night that Asha and her family shared a tearful reunion.

In the middle of the endlessly desolate palace stood Hadel, who quietly closed his eyes.

The cold winter breeze brushed his skin.

The day he had lost Ashella had been like this too.

The air had been cold and dry, ashes fluttering through the air.

"Whew..."

An unshakeable feeling of suffocation started from deep within his heart.

His heartbeat started racing and he could feel a pounding headache starting.

Hadel's eyelashes trembled before slowly parting.

His deep red eyes which had been hidden away were lit by the bright full moon.

It was a beautiful moon which shone a white and delicate light.

He had called her silver hair even more beautiful and luminous than the moon itself.

He had called her silver eyes even more bright and brilliant than the moon itself.

The reason he had happily left for the palace was because he wished to see what was in front of him then.