Chapter Two

The next morning, I woke up and had to go work in my still bewildered state.

No matter what the past was like, the current me was a maid who worked at this residence.

This meant that I had to work without fail every day.

"There's no way."

The words I spouted subconsciously caused Aimee, who had been doing the laundry with me, to look at me in confusion.

"What do you mean there's no way?"

"Ah, it's nothing. I'm just talking to myself."

"How boring. There's so much to do today. Let's move quickly!"

"...Yes."

Usually, I would have replied "Yes, older sister Aimee". However, I couldn't bring myself to call her "older sister" at the moment.

Not to mention, I was five whole years older than this prim person!

"Ha...."

I couldn't help my sighs.

I had been deeply concerned about what to do after I recovered my memories yesterday.

It seemed like His Majesty the Emperor was my husband Hadel, but there was no way I would be able to enter the palace as a maid like this.

Not to mention, 10 years had already passed and gone by.

Hadel became the emperor, and it was possible that he'd already forgotten about me.

Was it really the right choice for me, his wife from the past, to show up in front of him?

"Enne! I told you to hurry! At this rate, I'll be scolded by the head maid because of you!"

As I looked into the air, lost in thought, Aimee's harsh words hit my ear.

My hands felt numb from the cold water.

The numbness crept up from my hands and to the area around my heart in a single moment.

This was all because of the face that had been stuck in my head since yesterday.

Lahadelt, my beloved husband.

And...

"Um... older sister Aimee."

"What? I'm busy."

"So, about that."

"What? If you have something to say, hurry up!"

"So, uh... you know, His Majesty the Emperor."

Aimee froze and glared at me as soon as the words "His Majesty" came out of my mouth.

It was an expression that said how could someone like you dare to say that name?

I didn't want to bring this up either.

But what can I do? He's my husband.

"Why are you asking about His Majesty the Emperor?"

"Do you really think he's crazy?"

"What?"

"Everyone says that His Majesty the Emperor is crazy."

"You...! Be quiet! Are you crazy? If you want to die, die alone! Why would you bring me into this?"

Perhaps it was because my words were so shocking, but Aimee used her soapy hands to block my mouth.

"Umph...! Ptooey! Ah, really! What's wrong? Who else would come to this laundry room besides us?"