Chapter Three

I was speechless at the repeatedly asked question of who I was.

What should I say?

Of course I'm Ashella de Ach.

If I told this guard the truth, I'll surely be chased away as a crazy bitch.

But if I said my commoner name, there was no way he would take me seriously.

"The Duchess... No, I want to see the Viscountess."

"The Lady? Do you have an appointment scheduled?"

"I don't... Is it really not possible to see her if I don't have an appointment?"

The guard laughed at my question in a dumbfounded manner. At the moment, the way he looked while chewing the squid seemed obnoxious.

"Wow. Have you ever seen such an absurd woman? Do you think a noble woman would meet a commoner at any given time?"

The guard was right.

But mother was a person who would meet a commoner as long as she didn't have something important to do.

It's not likely that mother's values would have changed. It must be this guard acting on their own.

"Viscountess de Ach always answers whenever a commoner requests to meet. Do you really not know that?"

"What... What did you say?"

"If it's too difficult to see the Viscountess, then I want to see the Viscount. I'm not expecting you to guide me. Just let me in."

"I'm speechless! Look, young lady. Even if this noble family is falling, it is still a Viscount's residence!"

"...I'm aware."

"Even though our masters treat commoners so kindly, there are exceptions to rude commoners like you!"

"Rude? Who's the rude, impolite human here...!"

"That's enough! Go away! Where did this commoner come from and start making a scene?"

The guard refused to listen to me any longer and waved his hands around. He turned his head the other way and I felt that there was going to be no use in talking to him anymore.

"Fine, we'll see. That rude guard.......!"

If this was the house of de Ach, the winner was going to be me. But it'll be a hassle and take some time.

After I laughed in the guard's face, I sat down on the road a few feet away from the house.

"Huh? Hey hey, hey! What are you doing there?!"

Sure enough, the guard began questioning me with fire in his eyes.

"Why are you doing this? Do you own the land this road is on?"

"Young lady! Are you in your right mind?"

"Yes. I'm perfectly sane. Truthfully, it's only been a while since I've regained my sanity, so I'm a little confused. But I'm still in the very! best! condition I've been in out of the past 10 years!"

"What is this kid even saying?"

This time, I ignored the guard's words, stretched my legs, and then leaned on the wall. My parents are people, so they'll come out of the mansion at some point. I would be fine with my little siblings too. If anyone came out, the fight would end.

"I have to see the Viscount or Viscountess, so I'm going to wait here! If you don't like that, you could just open the mansion door for me."

"Ugh! This crazy bitch! She's totally insane. Where did this crazy weird bitch come from......!"