Notes of nutmeg

"Others need weeks and months to fall in love, and to fall in love barely, so they still need meetings, common interests, mutual recognition. For me, everything fit into one wave of eyelashes"

Lisa's POV

It is unlikely that I will ever be able to understand people who believe that if your life is calm and measured, then it is boring. I look at Chaeyoung, who suffers from a non-reciprocal love for Jennie, at Hiromi, a Japanese woman, her neighbor from below, who earns a living for herself and her two-year-old daughter by prostitution, at model employees who are too dependent on other people's opinions and diets bring themselves to anorexia. I even sympathize with Kim, despite the fact that Rosie is so heartbroken for her, it's just that this girl's life is not sweet, so she... is looking for an outlet for her emotions. And now, looking at the obscurantism reigning around, I am grateful to all the gods that there have been no special shocks in my life.

I was lucky to be born and grow up in a loving family, even though I didn't have a real father, my stepfather completely replaced him, and I always called him "daddy". We never had much conflict with our parents, if there were disagreements, we quickly found compromises, and everyone remained in the black. Now, living in Korea, I miss them quite a lot, because I don't have the opportunity to fly to Thailand often. Nevertheless, I do not give in spirit in any case, we call at least once a week by video call, and once or twice a year I even manage to visit them.

Thanks, in particular, to my parents, a healthy psyche was a pleasant bonus to my personality, I fully accepted and loved myself, had a healthy egoism. In addition, I quickly determined which relationships could be toxic for me, because of this I did not date anyone for a long time, but this was rather a plus, since time was freed up for new acquaintances, and I was sure that I would eventually meet my man.

In addition, I have never been intimidated by other people's assessments, I did not take them to heart, even an incredible number of haters who did not like that there was a Thai model in a Korean magazine did not hurt me with their comments. Yes, it was unpleasant, but not fatal, I would not give up everything because of this and "return to my homeland", as these people put it. I could even put my manager on the spot, for whom I was either recovered or lost weight, because he himself does not understand that this way you will not please him. Yes, and I considered myself very collapsible and loved my body, so I did not want to radically change to please someone.

On Friday, after Rose left for University, I saw that my teachings about Jennie irritated her, I began to polish the work surface to shine. There were few visitors, the time was moving towards ten, and everyone was already sitting in their offices, so I was able to put everything in perfect order when the bell above the door announced the arrival of a new client. I was fixated on a small coffee spot in the corner of the countertop, so I looked up only when heavy footsteps approached the cash register.

The girl who appeared before my eyes was from the type of Korean women who perfectly fit the standards of beauty in this country, well, she definitely came from some aristocratic family. As soon as she was not cold at all, she smiled in greeting, and her lips formed a beautiful heart, I examined every feature of her face, falling out of reality, she had to cough to bring me back from heaven to earth.

-E-excuse me, good afternoon.- I hesitated and bowed slightly.- What do you want to order?

-Caramel cappuccino.- The girl replied in a low, velvety voice.- And add some nutmeg, please.

-Yes, of course.

I began to make a drink, every now and then casting sidelong glances at the stranger, her long slightly curled black hair lay on the countertop with the ends, and her eyes carefully studied the room and ... me? Perhaps she felt recognition, saw me in some magazine or at a fashion show.