A fly in the ointment

My God, something unexpected always happens. I mean, once you relax a little, the Lord gives you a kick

Lisa's POV

-Isn't there too much pepper?- Jisoo looked in surprise at the plate with sauce, where I was adding chili.

-Thai food should be spicy.- I smiled mysteriously at my beloved.- Did you peel the shrimp?

-Yes. What to do with them next?

-You need to fry on high heat for about a minute.

The idea to cook something Thai came to Jisoo's mind, not mine. She thought I missed my native cuisine, and since she was right, I offered to have dinner with pad thai. I hope Unni won't refuse to eat it because of the sharpness.

Lately, things have been going so well that I spent a lot of evenings in Kim's apartment. It seemed that I even partially moved in with a girl. We cooked together, watched movies, took a bath, made love. Jisoo read aloud to me every new chapter from the last part of the Thornton cycle, sometimes I found her asleep right at her laptop, her head resting on the keyboard. At such moments, I woke her up, put my back up, the girl climbed on top of her, and I carried my beloved to the bed, where we fell asleep in each other's arms.

Of course, everything was not always sweet, sometimes Jisoo voiced to me her fears that what was between us would not last long, that I would leave like everyone else. It was painful for me to listen to this, but I understood why she was saying this, each new such blow knocked the ground out from under her feet more. And at such moments I tried to be as close as possible, to show how strong my love was, then Kim felt easier, she relaxed and gave me the same pleasant emotions. Our attraction to each other grew with every day we spent together.

The recent incident with the death of Jongin, Jennie's boyfriend, made me think even more about how important it is to be with each other. We realized that no one is eternal, and death can wait just around the corner. Therefore, we decided to appreciate what we have today, thank heaven for waking up in the morning, that nothing hurts us, and that we are close to those we love.

We also wanted to support Jennie, but Rose took over this mission, and when the younger Kim returned to our company, I once again began to notice how Park looks at her with loving eyes. But the most interesting thing was that a little later Jennie herself sometimes began to behave in this way. I definitely don't understand something...

Fortunately, everything was much calmer with Jisoo, I even told my parents that we were together, even if at first I doubted whether it was worth it. But even though they were very surprised at first, they provided support. The situation was different with the beloved's parents, she also wanted to tell them, but she was much more worried than me, explaining that, even if her family was loving, it was quite traditional in every sense. I tried to cheer her up by saying that even if they reacted badly at first, they would eventually have to put up with it. Jisoo is an adult girl, she provides for herself, no one will lock her at home, like Rapunzel in the tower. In the end, the beloved gained courage.

-I'm going to go to my parents on Saturday.- She began when we were sprawled on the couch in front of the TV on Wednesday, sometime in early November.- I want to tell them... about us. If you're free, will you come with me?

-I am free and I will definitely go to support you, and, of course, to meet your parents.- I smiled, putting my arm around the girl's shoulders.- Will Jeonghun and Jiyun come?

-Jiyun, perhaps, yes, but Jeonghun is unlikely, his wife is due to have a baby next month, and he does not want to strain her.

-Oh, yes, she should be in a calm environment. She'll give birth ahead of time if she finds out that we're together.