Ice

We find happiness the moment we decide to stop searching

Jennie's POV

"She loves you! And you had to be blind, Jennie, not to notice it!". Lisa's words have not left my head for several days, giving me insomnia and the inability to concentrate, the feeling is that this thought, like a worm, penetrates into every cell of the brain, making it impossible to think about something else. It's bad when you experience non–reciprocal love, even worse - not being able to respond to the feelings of the person who loves you.

Rose... I was really blind if I didn't notice her love. She always listened to me, could snap in the middle of the night and come to my aid, even stood up for me if someone hurt me, but there was something else more important than everything else - she never asked for anything in return. It is unlikely that a friend would behave in this way, or I have not met good friends. Nevertheless, Lalisa most likely heard about her love for me from the lips of Rose, Park trusted her, so I practically had no doubt about the truthfulness of her words. But is it worth talking about it with Rose?

What will follow? Can we stay friends? It seems to me that everything will result in a major quarrel, and everything that connected us will be destroyed with a bang, and our paths will finally part. For her, this topic, I'm sure, is very painful, I don't want to mess around in her wound, finishing, she won't want to deal with me, so as not to feel these torments anymore. It remains only to behave as before, but I think sex with her is something that should be gradually abandoned, it's like a false hope for Chaeyoung.

-We're going to have a girl, and there's too much blue in the nursery.- The voice of the client, who was distracted from the inspection of the apartment, pulled me out of my thoughts.- This option does not suit us.

God, what difference does it make? There are not even cars and robots, just walls painted in the sky and lamps-clouds, very calm, does not irritate the eye. How I would like to tell this disgruntled man that flowers have no gender, and how sorry I am for his unborn daughter, that her own parents will hang gender stereotypes on her from childhood, but... the client is always right. Shove your opinion deep into yourself, Jennie.

-You will be able to make repairs there after moving.- I suggest.- Our company will pay for it if it is not capital.

-Do you think I'm weak?- The customer was indignant, his voice became noticeably louder.- I am able to paint the walls and hang other lamps myself.

My patience threatens to burst at any moment, maybe I'm younger, but it hurts me when unfamiliar people address me as an inferior being. Besides, why did he even start this whole conversation then, if he can do everything himself? People sometimes contradict themselves.

-Then we can just pay for the materials.

-Great, you're finally awake.- The man went to the window and lowered his voice, however, I could still hear him.- And why are there only babies at work... and here is a woman, what can she understand about this?

I wanted to hit this jerk, and I also felt very sorry for his wife and doubly sorry for his daughter, who was soon to be born. I have heard such speeches from my mother, from successive stepfathers, from teachers at the University and from many, many others who wanted to reason with me that a girl should do something more mundane. In particular, I was "advised" to choose the profession of a teacher or a nurse, but my desires were radically different, and, since early childhood, I dreamed of an activity that would bring me a good income, as well as cause others to respect my personality. But it disappeared when a woman came to the request of customers for the help of a realtor.