Adding colors

"Now I listen only to the feelings that I experience in the present, no looking back and throwing into the future. Tomorrow will be tomorrow"

Kai's POV

-Kim Jongin! Kim Jongin!

The crowd of fans, consisting mostly of high school students, shouted my name while I competed in a race with my classmate. We were both the best in this business, and the winner had to become a participant in the race already at the district level. We were moving in step, sometimes one of us was ahead of the other, but it was becoming increasingly unclear who would be the winner, neither I nor he were ready to give in, and I also could not let down Mirae, who was sitting on the bench. The girl was smiling brightly at me, a blush played on her cheeks, and all this gave me confidence. But sometimes life is not interested in what we want, it throws up a problem at the very moment when you least expect it.

A severe headache squeezed the skull, it seemed that the brain was swollen and wanted to push out the bones, I could only put my hands forward before falling. There was absolute silence around, even my opponent stopped after a couple of seconds, noticing my fall, but all this disappeared when I began to feel sick, the guys buzzed and gathered around me, and I heard their voices as if they were like a swarm of bees. Painfully... When will it end?

-Call the teacher!- Mirae called out before I fell into darkness.

Nothing around, like the deepest night, that you can't even see where you're going. The pain was gone, replaced by a strangely absolute calm, there was not even fear, all the feelings were suddenly dulled at once. But now I can see the beginnings of light on the horizon, I put my hand to my forehead, I try to understand what is there, but the white rays are so bright that nothing is visible. Maybe it's the sun? I go there, faster with each step, then I run and ... I come to myself, sitting up abruptly.

There is an annoying beeping nearby, in time with my accelerated heartbeat, a cot under me, white walls around. I'm in the hospital... It's too quiet, there's no doctor or nurse nearby, there's no one to turn to, no one to ask what happened to me. Maybe he's just overworked? For the past year, I have always blamed fatigue for my headache, which was localized mostly in the forehead area. But she was growing, and now I even threw up, although the day before I had a great night's sleep. So it's not about fatigue at all?

-He has Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, weak vascular walls, because of this an aneurysm formed in the brain, which led to a stroke.

Stroke? It's an old people's disease, and I'm only fourteen, besides, I feel fine, even the eternal weakness is gone, and my head doesn't hurt. Maybe they're not talking about me?

-His father had the same disease and died of a stroke.- My eyes widened because I recognized my mother's voice.- Tell me, will he be okay?

-Well, your son is lucky, he won't have any physical defects, and he will quickly return to normal life.- I could hear that the doctor was trying to cheer up mom, but then he sighed and continued more calmly.- But the aneurysm was in such a place that it could have consequences in the sphere of the nervous system. It's not clear what exactly, it will be seen when Jongin wakes up, but there may be violations of empathy.

-Empathy?

-It will be difficult for him to understand the emotions of others and express sympathy.

-But otherwise everything will be fine?- There was hope in her mother's voice.

-So far, yes.- The doctor assured.

-What do you mean, "so far, yes"?

-We can't guess anything, because of vascular disease, he may develop a new aneurysm, not the fact that in the brain, but it can.