Quiet love

I have never cried because my love was unrequited. Because I never considered it a misfortune and grief. Unrequited love is also love. No one should cry for love. Because of it, you can only rejoice and laugh. Honestly!

Rose's POV

"I'm in the hospital. Jongin died...". A message from Jennie that came to my phone early in the morning snaps me out of sleep, at first I stare at the screen strangely, but then it comes to me. Her lover died. How? Why? I have to go to work at the university library, but Jennie needs me even more now, which means I don't care about the reprimand, I get dressed quickly and take a taxi to the hospital. I don't have to look for a friend for a long time, she is sitting on a sofa in the lobby of the first floor, her gaze directed at the wall opposite is filled with pain. Lost and lonely... I quietly sit down next to her and touch her forearm, she, feeling, turns to me, and then, recognizing, falls into her arms and makes the fabric of a light jacket on my shoulder wet with her tears.

It hurts her, it hurts me even more, because I can't do anything, just be there, but Jennie, it seems, that's enough. She soon calms down, and although she still looks depressed when she moves away from me, I notice some relief. For her, this night was especially difficult, Kim seemed to have lost a part of herself and was even more disappointed in the idea of justice. She needs to rest. Anyway, life goes on, even if it seems that it is no longer possible.

-Take you home?- I ask softly, just not to scare, Jennie just nods, getting up from the couch.

We get by taxi in absolute silence, the driver even looks at us strangely through the rear-view window. Probably thinks the friends had a quarrel. I feel cool fingers touching my wrist, I look at Kim, she does not make eye contact, just drills the driver's seat with her eyes, the same sadness in her eyes. I gently squeeze her palm and interlace our fingers, feeling the hot blood rush to my cheeks.

We still don't talk in Jennie's apartment, she sits at the table in a small but expensively furnished kitchen, and I cook hot sandwiches for breakfast, even though I doubt that my friend will want to eat. I put the kettle on, but when it boils, I look at Kim, who is running her fingers over the surface of the table, thinking about what happened.

-Would you like some coffee, or would you like something stronger?- I ask.

-There's wine in the fridge.- Jennie says, nodding her head easily, and I'm glad inside that she spoke.- But a little, just... I want to sleep.

-O-okay.

I get her a glass and fill it half full, I don't want to drink myself, now someone in a sober mind should stay next to Kim. I put a plate with a couple of hot sandwiches and a drink in front of Jennie, she eats only half of one sandwich and drains the glass, and I myself can't get a piece down my throat from the atmosphere of longing reigning next to my friend. Well, to hell with this food! I quickly drink coffee and put away the dishes, glancing at the brown-haired girl, whom alcohol could really warm up a little, because when I return to the table, she is already asleep with her head on her folded palms.

I should have put her to bed, but my strength would not have been enough to lift Jennie, so I gently pulled her by the shoulder, and she woke up, looking at me with an uncomprehending look, in which there was also dissatisfaction with the fact that she was pulled out of sleep.

-Let's get you to bed, okay?

Kim nodded at my suggestion, and I noticed how her gaze slid over my lips. Did she really want to kiss me? Cheeks were covered with a slight blush, because I also had a desire to pull the girl to me and, perhaps, not even limit myself to kisses. But no, I have no right. Even if Jennie doesn't mind, she's drunk and heartbroken, and I'll be the last reptile if I take advantage of this, so I just help her up and lean on my shoulders, and then, supporting her by the waist, I take her to the bedroom, where she lays down on the bed and stops her sad gaze in the light of the already come morning on me. I go over and cover her with a blanket, because it's cool enough in the apartment, and it's much more cozy.