Chapter 17

Nat quietly opened the front door, it was late but she was glad she made it home tonight. She got extremely worried when Yelena told her about what's been going on with Wanda and truth be told, she missed them both a lot.

Slowly putting her things down on the sofa, on the other end of it there was Wanda - who looked tense even in her sleep - sleeping on top of her baby sister. Yelena had her arms protectively around the girl.

The redhead would prefer to go for a quick shower and get into more comfortable clothes than her suit but it would be no use since the blonde will definitely wake up. "Lena" she whispered, shaking her slightly.

In a second she was met with a gun at her face, "oh it's just you" Yelena said putting the gun down.

"Can you make sure she stays asleep while I go shower, I have blood on me still"

Yelena nodded, "are you hurt?" Nat shook her head, "just a few scratches" she smiled at the younger woman, it was Yelena's way of saying she's missed her.

When she came back, Yelena was scrolling on her phone with Wanda still asleep on her but in a slightly different position. "I think you should be the one to wake her"

Nat nodded, she started feeling a bit anxious, she didn't want to scare her and fuck it up even more. She sat next to Yelena, looking at Wanda, her heart clenching on how could she have ever yelled at her.

"Sweet girl?" she said quietly, stroking her hair. Wanda shifted with a tired groan, "sleep auntie Lena" Yelena chuckled at how Wanda didn't even realize it was Nat who talked, "Detka look who's here"

Wanda sat up, her pacifier forgotten in an instance as it fell from her mouth as she jumped onto the redhead, "mama!"

"Hi my baby, oh I've missed you so much" her whole body relaxing that Wanda's reaction was good at seeing her. "Mama back!" she said with a wide smile at Yelena who nodded back, "I told you she would little spider"

The girl looked back at the older woman nervously, "not mad?" Nat shook her head, "no baby I'm sorry for being mad, it had nothing to do with you and I shouldn't have yelled at you I'm sorry"

She nodded, resting her head on Nat's chest while holding Yelena's hand. It took a few minutes to fall back asleep, being back in Nat's arms was easy to doze off. Nat watched as her eyes closed, it was getting too late so the conversation will have to be said tomorrow.

She still wanted to know some details that Yelena could tell her. The blonde sighed sadly, "small things would set her off I guess is the right word, I asked her to put the plates on the table for our food and she got out 3, when I told her we only need 2 she broke down and thought you were gone forever, she insisted we have your plate still so I let her"

"Poor girl, how about the wetting the bed situation?"

"I'm not sure if I'm being honest sestra, she wouldn't really say anything when it happened. I think she was scared I would get mad at her for it or she didn't want to talk about ir if not both"

Nat nodded, she saw the time and decided that's enough for tonight. Gently getting up, "I'm going to put her in my bed tonight, you should go sleep too" Yelena rolled her eyes, "I'm not a baby" Nat raised her brow with a smirk. "fine" the younger woman mumbled.

She kissed Yelena's forehead, "goodnight baby sister"

"Don't ever do that again"

"We both know you love it" Nat teased. She slapped her arm, not hard enough to wake up Wanda, "whatever, goodnight idiot"

Nat was woken up during the night to Wanda pulling at her shirt, "mama mama" she opened her eyes slowly, seeing Wanda sitting on top of her. "What are you doing awake detka?" she said, her raspy voice coming out.

"Mama how much you love me?"

Nat smiled, tickling her stomach, giggles filling the room. "More than you'll ever know sweet girl"

"So this much?" Wanda said, stretching her arms back as much as she could. Nat wanted to scoop her up and fill her face with kisses, "a million times more"

"Really?"

"Really"

"Woah"

Nat gently brought her down to the spot next to her, "now sleep because mama is sleepy" Wanda giggled, "I love you million times too mommy" Nat tightened her hold when she heard the new term. Never in her life did she think she would be capable of being a mother.

But Wanda had another thing to say, "want strawberries"

"I'll buy you strawberries tomorrow baby" she whispered. "Yay!" Wanda said in excitement before cuddling into a comfy position against her mom's chest as they both fell asleep through the night.

if anyone is confused about wanda's reaction to nat in this, she's just glad nat came back and didn't leave her but is still somewhat trying to get validation (if that's the right word) when asking how much nat loves her