Love songs

"What!?"

Adora and Catra bolt up from their seats.

"Are you kidding me!?" Catra says in exasperation at the same time Adora speaks. "No way."

Asami and Amity look between them surprised.

"It's already been decided once you agreed to the lottery," Luz said nonchalantly not caring about their outburst.

Catra narrows her eyes at her. Amity grabs her arm and pulls her back down.

"Can't we redraw?" Adora asks Korra.

"No can do." Korra shakes her head. Adora huffs and plops down in her chair.

"There will be a lot of time we will be spending together. Regardless of what happened in your past, leave it there. At least try to be professional." Asami tells them sternly like scolding a child.

Korra looks at her and nods. "Right, I don't know what has happened between you two, but you'll have to put up with it. Korra looks at Adora. You don't want your careers to be hindered because of what's going on." Korra glances between them, thinking the matter is over.

It was silent for a while until Adora spoke.

"We ain't even got nuthin in common." Adora grabs her hat and pours the paper out of it. She sits back in her chair and puts it over her face. "Whatcha you expect us to do?" She sighs her leg beginning to bounce.

"Yeah since I just love to make super sappy love songs," Catra said sarcastically.

Adora huffs and sits up, taking her hat off her face to glare at Catra. Catra looked surprised for a second that Adora actually looked at her like that. But being Catra she narrows her eyes back challenging her. Korra clears her throat bringing their attention back to her.

"If you run out of ideas there's this song I have that will be great," Korra says. They think about it and glance at each other. Adora sighs and runs her hand through her hair.

"Will see." she grabs a piece of paper and a pen and writes her number down. While avoiding eye contact, she bounces her leg as she gives it to Catra.

"Give me a call when you decide," she says stiffly.

The expression on Catra's face was unreadable, as she took the paper from her and nodded. Adora puts her hat on and stands up.

"I'll see yall later." she starts to walk towards the door.

"Wait, where are you going?" Korra asks.

"To my place," Adora says, making Korra frown.

"I picked you up last night, remember?" Adora pauses and rubs her hand over her face. "Well, I will walk."

"Estas loca. (You are crazy.) You live miles away. I can drive you there." Luz starts to get up.

Adora turns around. "No! No...thanks but I'm alright." She hurriedly stops her and then smiles.

"I haven't worked out in a while so it will be good cardio." Luz sits back down. "Okay if you say so." Adora nods and turns back around leaving.

"Give me a minute," Korra tells them before running behind her.

"Did you have to provoke her," Amity asks Catra a few minutes later.

"What? She started it." Catra huffs and crosses her arms.

"We'll talk about this later," Asami tells them.

Korra comes back in and sits down.

"How far away does she live?" Asami asks.