Ideas

The next day Adora and Amity are at Asami's house practicing their song. After the incident with Catra, Adora stayed up all night writing to present it to her co-workers. After getting here this morning, Amity and Adora worked together to quickly arrange the song. They have now been practicing their vocals.

"That was great! Our best run yet." Adora says and sits down on Asami's big couch.

"Yeah, but it feels like something is missing." Amity looks at Adora. Adora nods agreeing with her.

Asami looks at Adora too. "It feels like it could be better."

Adora nods and reaches for her coffee on the table.

"What's your opinion?" Amity asks her.

Adora stares into space idly tapping on her cup. Asami and Amity exchange words with their eyes, each pushing the other to talk first. Asami won.

"Adora," Amity calls out to her.

Hearing her name brings Adora back to reality. "Hmm?" Adora looks between them. "What is it?"

"Well, you have been singing longer than the two of us...and you have wonderful vocals. We wanted to know your opinion." Amity explains.

"Give us your honest criticism. How do we sound." Asami asks her.

"Oh okay." Adora sits up and puts her drink down motioning for them to sit down. Adora looks at Amity first. "Well...Amity you need to work on your runs some more, and don't be afraid to really hit them high notes." Adora criticizes her seriously.

Amity nods her head and Adora looks at Asami. "Asami...I'm not really feeling...feelings." Adora says while grimacing.

Asami frowns. "What does that mean?"

"I mean you can sing very good...but I'm not feelin' any emotions behind it. Adora tells her bluntly.

"When I wrote this song it was meant for the listeners to understand and relate to it," Adora explains.

"I recommend reading the lyrics again and thinking about what they mean to you. Then you take that and put that feeling into the song."

Asami nods grateful for the thoughtful feedback. "Thanks, I will try it."

Adora grabs her drink and leans back into the chair. "Have y'all figured out what y'all gonna do yet?"

Asami shakes her head while Amity grabs her notebook.

"Well, the plan is for Asami to sing lead, but I have flipped through my notebook hundreds of times and there's nothing that screams Asami." She huffs.

Adora stares at Asami. "Have you tried to do it before?" Asami stares at her confused. "Tried what?"

"To write a song," Adora says then takes a sip of what she's drinking.

"You're joking right?" Asami chuckles. Not hearing Adora laughing she looked up to see Adora was serious. "Wait seriously? You want me? To write lyrics." She says in disbelief while Adora nods.

"Actually, that's not a bad idea," Amity told her.

Asami looks at her and shakes her head, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "What would I even write about?"

"I'm sure we can come up with something," Amity says.

Adora and Amity threw out ideas but Asami couldn't decide which one to do. Asami was just about to give up when her phone rang. She picks it up and grimaces as she stares at the number. She ends the call and rubs her temple as she lets out a big sigh.