↳ 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕝 ' 𝕤 𝕔𝕦𝕣𝕤𝕖 ・❥・: ̗̀➛

ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ɪɴ ᴀɴʏ ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ

𝒾 𝒽𝒶𝓋ℯ 𝓉ℴ 𝓈𝒶𝓋ℯ 𝒽ℯ𝓇!

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

ʙᴜɴ-ʙᴜɴ's ᴏᴡɴᴇʀ ᴀᴜʙʀᴇʏ Aubrey was under a terrible, terrible curse. A curse inflicted on her by the very Devil himself, one that would cause her trouble and despair for the rest of her life.

Aubrey was in love with Kel.

It wasn't love at first. Bun-Bun and Aubrey's first meeting was love at first sight, when she picked her up from the pet store and brought her home. Bun-Bun knew just by looking at her that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with her, and she knew Aubrey felt the same.

But the Kel the Devil was ruining it all.

Did he know about the countless nights she spent trying to comfort Aubrey whenever he did something dumb? Something to make her angry? Sad? Angry and sad? Bun-Bun was only a rabbit, and there was only so much comforting a rabbit could do.

Aubrey deserved so much better than him.

But she fell for his tricks. One day, she came home, and her flushed face told Bun-Bun Kel did something. Aubrey crouched down next to Bun-Bun, and Bun-Bun curled up against her, prepared to provide all the comfort she needed.

Aubrey stroked her fur. "Bun-Bun, you know what Kel did today?"

Something bad. Kill the Devil.

Aubrey surprisingly smiled. "He was so sweet today."

Sweet?

"He brought me to Gino's, and he talked about how sorry he was for not being there for me the past few years. I tried to tell him I was pushing him away, but he wouldn't listen. Anyway, he said that from now on, he's going to, and I quote, 'treat you right because you deserve it'."

Aubrey brought Bun-Bun up to her face, oblivious to her rabbit's confused emotions.

"It's almost like we're dating," she whispered, her eyes shining.

Bun-Bun patted Aubrey's nose, unsure what to do. She now knew the bad thing Kel did was seduce her, and now she had to bring her back.

She tried to make her remember all the bad stuff Kel did to her, but none of it worked. One time, she pulled out a cat charm bracelet she knew Kel gave her for her last birthday spent with the entire friend group, but that didn't work.

Aubrey held the charm bracelet up, inspecting ever angle of it. "I forgot he even gave this to me... I forgot how pretty it is. He even remembered my favourite animal even though we argued so much back then—but no cat can ever compare to you." She tapped Bun-Bun on the nose. "If I wear this now, do you think he'll notice it? Do you think he'll say anything about it?"

Bun-Bun slunk away. She didn't care about her once liking cats more than rabbits—okay, she lied. She did, but that wasn't important right now—but Kel was getting to her faster than ever.

She tried to visibly show her disapproval, walking away whenever Aubrey started talking about him, making sure she didn't look back. Aubrey knew rabbits well enough to know what that meant.

But Aubrey got the wrong idea.

After a week of it happening, Aubrey gave Bun-Bun a bath and held her in a hug. "Bun-Bun, I know I talk about Kel a lot, and I'm sorry. I think I'm letting this crush thing go into my head..."

Was this the moment she told her she was moving on from Kel? Please, please, please...!

Aubrey kissed her forehead. "Please don't be jealous. I still love you more than anything."

She better.

"I just have other feelings, too. But it's okay. Maybe when you actually meet Kel, you'll like him more."

What?

"But I'll still love you no matter what."

Bun-Bun didn't care about that—okay, she lied. Again. She did care. Again—but that Aubrey still didn't move on from Kel. What more did she have to do?

And then came the day she met him—and he was a monster.

Kel was too smiley. His bangs covered his eyes perfectly so they would hide a bit them but still show how bright they were whenever he smiled, which was unfortunately often. The way his face was shaped made it look like he was a kind, sweet boy, but Bun-Bun knew he was the Devil.

The moment Kel's eyes were on her, she saw the way they darkened. He knew this rabbit knew who he really was, and she was going to stop his plans and save Aubrey.

That meant cuddles that interrupted almost intimate moments. Rabbit kisses that saved her from could-be human—or shall she say devil—kisses. Laying on Aubrey's lap and refusing to move when he tried to make even the smallest move on her.

And the best part was that she got away with everything because she had cute rabbit privileges.

That was with Aubrey, though. Kel got visibly more annoyed with everything Bun-Bun did, but Aubrey didn't seem to notice. Bun-Bun did, and she gave him a satisfied look when Aubrey wasn't paying attention. From the looks of it, Aubrey might end up being safe from Kel!

But then it came the time when he was about to leave.

It should've been the best moment of the day. Kel the Devil finally left, and Aubrey was finally left alone. But...

"Thanks for coming over," Aubrey said.

"It's no problem!" Kel glanced at Bun-Bun really quickly, and there definitely was a problem—for him.

Aubrey didn't pay attention to that. "Yeah..." She looked away as Kel's eyes looked at hers—ugh.

Then she did the most horrible thing she could ever do—no, second most. The first would be to leave Bun-Bun alone on the streets. Actually, third. The second would be to get another rabbit. No, that's the fourth. No... Maybe not... She actually didn't know what place it was—could she even count? It was still really bad though.

Aubrey hesitated before leaning forward to kiss his cheek.

If Bun-Bun died right then, she would force God to bring her back to life to smack some sense into Aubrey. But she wouldn't because she loved her. And she was hungry and she couldn't feed herself. But mainly because she loved her.

Kel had to blink several times to process it, his face heating up. Aubrey was already ushering him to the front door, her own face on fire and her eyes looking anywhere but at him.

Bun-Bun stared in shock, the scene repeating again and again in her mind. Kel the Devil's influence on Aubrey was so, so much stronger than she originally thought.

That meant she had to do better. Aubrey would be free from Kel if it was the last thing she ever did!

- - - -

𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝙱𝚞𝚗-𝙱𝚞𝚗'𝚜 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎. 𝚂𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙰𝚞𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚢.

𝙰𝚕𝚜𝚘, 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚏𝚏 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚌𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙱𝚞𝚗-𝙱𝚞𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙺𝚎𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚢, 𝚜𝚘 𝙰𝚞𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚢 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝙺𝚎𝚕 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎.

𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 (𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚕𝚞𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙰/𝙽): 𝟷𝟷𝟻𝟹