↳ 𝕥𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕜 - 𝕠𝕣 - 𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥 : 𝕘𝕦𝕚𝕕𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕘𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕘𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝕔𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕪 𝕓𝕪 𝕒𝕦𝕓𝕣𝕖𝕪・❥・: ̗̀➛

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏʙᴏᴅʏ ʟɪᴠᴇꜱ/ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴅɪᴇꜱ ᴀᴜ

𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝒽𝒶𝓁𝓁𝑜𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓃!

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

ɪᴛ ᴡᴀꜱɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴏ normal for this group to have a plan so thought-out, but tonight, it was necessary. Tonight was Halloween, and there needed to be a plan for how to get the most and best candy. Basil and Kel were in charge of making a map of everywhere they were allowed to go trick-or-treating to, and Sunny and Aubrey had to go around to get information on the good houses for Halloween. Now, they were at Basil's house to think of a plan.

Aubrey pointed to the houses near the edge of Faraway Town. "These houses are the big houses, so everyone thinks they give the best candy. But actually, these people hate kids, so they give the worst. It only looks like it's the best."

Sunny pointed to the houses around the main part of their neighbourhood. "These houses give the basic candy you always expect. Little kids go here a lot too, so there isn't a lot of candy given out."

"So what do we do?" asked Kel.

Aubrey pointed the houses on the opposite side of the map. "We go to these houses. They're far away, so people don't go there a lot. These houses also have scary decoration, and people who do go there get too scared to go trick-or-treating. Actually, these houses are filled with sweet old people who just want kids to come to their house when they go trick-or-treating."

"So if we go there first," said Basil, his eyes lighting up, "then we can get all the good candy!"

Sunny nodded. "We can come back to the main part of Faraway Town if we want more candy."

"But..." Aubrey smiled as she paused for suspense. "All of the people there absolutely love kids. So, if we make a good first impression—that means we be very nice—then they might let us have more candy next year!"

"So we have to be nice to old people!" Kel grinned.

Sunny narrowed his eyes at him.

"What, you think I'm bad with old people? I'm great with old people! Right, Grandma?" he asked Basil's grandmother who came in to check on them. Even though she was only Basil's grandmother, she treated everyone in the friend group like her grandchildren and wouldn't be happy if they only called her Basil's grandmother.

"You sure are," she said. "Do you kids want anything?"

"No thank you, Grandma." Basil smiled at his grandmother as she left.

"One question," said Kel, "we're going to the houses over there, but how do we get Mari and Hero to agree?"

Sunny seemed to deflate as he said, "I can tell Mari I'll practise on my violin more. She'll get Hero to agree then..."

Sunny started playing his violin almost a year ago. The recital he and Mari played went well, but Mari seemed to be disappointed. The siblings seemed to be keeping a distance from each other, but even thought that was obvious, none of their friends could figure out why. No one wanted to ask them directly either, so they were on their own.

Kel grinned. "Sounds like a plan! Let's do this, guys!"

As they were cleaning up, Aubrey smiled to herself as she thought about Halloween. She loved dressing up for Halloween, and it was so much fun trick-or-treating with the other kids in their neighbourhood. The people in Faraway Town were usually very nice too, but now, they could get really good candy. This Halloween was going to be the best!