↳ 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕪 𝕞𝕒𝕕 ・❥・: ̗̀➛

𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝓂𝒶𝓀ℯ 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓂𝓅ℴ𝓈𝓈𝒾𝒷𝓁ℯ

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

ᴀᴜʙʀᴇʏ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ pushing Kel away from the side hug he was squeezing her in, but she didn't. It wasn't like she could let him go unless she tired really hard.

For as long as she knew him, Kel liked to get Aubrey riled up. Annoying her was one of his favourite activities since the day they met, and only in a few moments, which seemed to be more often nowadays than in the past, was she allowed to escape his endless teasing.

But even though he liked to get her annoyed, he didn't like getting her mad-mad. Aubrey found that out after they started dating, which was also known as right now.

"I'm sorry," Kel said for the hundredth time that day. He leaned his head against hers—stupid height difference. When did he get so tall again?

Aubrey didn't reply to him. She wanted to stay mad at him for as long as possible.

Kel pulled her closer to him. She felt his body heat more now, and her face heated up.

He noticed this and gently cupped one half of her face. "Aubrey..."

If she looked at him, she was going to crumble and give up on being mad at him.

"Aubrey, I'm sorry," he said again. "What do you want me to do to make up for it?"

She could make him do a lot. Luckily for him, she wasn't mean—but if this offer came up again when she wasn't mad, she was taking him up on it.

Kel sighed, and she could feel his breath of the top of her head. "Aubrey, can you at least talk to me?"

The desperation in his voice got to her, but she still looked away. "Fine."

Kel squeezed her tighter. At this rate, he might as well start suffocating her—though she wouldn't mind telling people in the afterlife she died by her boyfriend squeezing her in a hug.

"I got you to talk to me," Kel said, sounding so smug and proud.

"Keep talking like that and I won't talk," Aubrey replied.

"No! You can't! I worked too hard for this!"

Aubrey tried to resist the urge to smile, but a small one made its way to her lips.

Kel grinned, his index fingers on the corners of her lips. "And I got you to smile! I'm on a roll!"

Aubrey let her smile fall, but Kel pulled the corners of her lips up to make a smile. When she couldn't look away, she let herself look at him and glared, but he didn't notice.

"A happy Aubrey is a good Aubrey," he said. "But then again, so is an annoyed Aubrey. An annoyed Aubrey's cute."

Aubrey felt her heartbeat quicken. Would she ever get used to his compliments?

But that was just a tactic he was using to make her forgive him. She must stay strong!

"Man, I wish Basil was here," Kel continued. "He would've loved to take a picture of this!"

She would hate to see him add it to his new photo album where everyone could see. This wasn't a private-private moment, but she would still like for it to be a moment known between her and Kel and her and Kel only.

"Hey, why aren't you talking anymore?"

Did he really not know why?

"Oh, wait..." Kel removed his fingers from her lips. "Now you can talk!"

"Took you long enough..."

"We're back to angry Aubrey? I thought you might've forgiven me by now, or at least moved on..."

She did forgive him, but only a little. Sure, he was making it a little hard to stay mad at him...

No, he was making it really hard to stay mad at him. His sad, puppyish eyes that looked away from her, his hands playing idly with each other, and his shoulders hunching a bit forward made it really, really hard to stay mad.

And she really, really wanted to give in to her want to kiss his sadness away.

"I'm sorry, Aubrey," he said again, his voice quiet and gentle. "I didn't think it would affect you so much... I'm sorry."

Aubrey really couldn't stay mad at him.

She grabbed his face and pulled his lips down to meet hers. He stood confused for a moment before falling into the kiss. He pulled her closer, and she felt herself relax.

When they pulled away, Kel almost immediately asked, "Does this mean you forgive me?"

"No." The hope in his eyes vanished before Aubrey could add in a shyer voice, "But I guess I forgive you a little..."

Kel grinned, the light coming back to his eyes. Aubrey had to smile when seeing him. He looked like a happy little puppy.

What was she mad about again?

It probably didn't matter. She would say she was still a little mad at him for a little longer before moving on. Maybe she would admit to him that she forgot why she was mad a while ago.

But for now, Kel would remain a happy little idiot, just how Aubrey liked him.

- - - -

𝙼𝚢 𝚐𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚕𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚝𝚘𝚘, 𝚜𝚘 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚖𝚎 𝚕𝚞𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝.

𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 (𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚕𝚞𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙰/𝙽): 𝟾𝟻𝟺