Chapter 9

Ahsoka piloted the Phantom quite smoothly. A few minutes later they dropped out of hyperspace and flew into Tatooine and flew to the Ghost and connected with the Ghost. Anakin said: "huh. That's better flying than me." Ahsoka powered down and stood and said: "eh. I've done several solo recon missions. So I can fly and land in one piece. Unlike Skyguy who cannot land a ship in one piece even if his life depended on it." Obi-Wan said: "I'm inclined to agree with Ahsoka." Anakin said: "two against one? That's not fair." Master Plo said: "life very rarely is fair." Obi-Wan said: "quite right." They walked out of the Phantom and walked down the hall. They walked into the Common room and talked for a while. Then Ahsoka left unseen and walked out of the Common room and climbed up the ladder and climbed out onto the top of the ship and sat down. She looked at the locket hanging around her neck and took it off and opened it. Ahsoka sighed. Just then Anakin said from behind her: "thinking about your parents again?" Ahsoka closed the locket and clasped it around her neck and stood and turned around and nodded. She said slowly: "I think my mom is alive. I know that my father is dead. I felt his death in the Force. But if my mom was dead, I would feel it. But I don't feel it. I - I want to go find her." Anakin walked over to her and took her hands in his and said: "I'll come with you. It pays to have someone with you as backup." Ahsoka said: "I was hoping you'd say that. Because I trust you to have my back. And there's nobody I'd trust more to accompany me than my own brother. Thank you, Anakin." Anakin said: "of course. You know that I would never hesitate to go with you when you ask me to. You're my little sister." Ahsoka wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him. Anakin wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly close to him and laid his head on top of hers and held her tightly close to him. Ahsoka snuggled up in his arms and nestled her head in his chest and started purring. Anakin looked down at her and said: "are you purring?" Ahsoka said: "it's a togruta thing." Anakin smiled and said: "I'm guessing it means that you're happy and content. Am I correct?" Ahsoka said: "yeah. You guessed right." Anakin gently rubbed her back and held her tightly close to him. After a while they pulled away. Anakin said: "if we're going to go, we should wait until everyone is asleep. I don't think you want everyone bombarding you with questions about where we're going." Ahsoka nodded and said: "good idea, Skyguy. Thanks. I'm glad you're coming with me. It means a lot to me." Anakin said gently: "Snips, you know that I will stand by you no matter what." Ahsoka said: "I know." Then they walked back inside and walked into their room and packed a bag. They waited until everyone else went to bed and was fast asleep. The two siblings made sure to cloak their Force signatures and stealthily made their way to the Phantom and walked in and sat down. Ahsoka sat in the pilot's seat and fired up and set course for Shili and disconnected from the Ghost and flew out of Tatooine and made the jump to hyperspace and sat back. Anakin said: "tell me about her. Your mom." Ahsoka said: "I don't really remember that much about her. My memories of my mother are vague at best. The only thing I have to remember her is this locket around my neck and the song she taught me as a little girl." Anakin said: "it's going to be okay. I promise you that. And whatever you find out, I'll still be there for you no matter what." Ahsoka smiled faintly and said: "thanks. I'm glad you're coming with me." Anakin hopped over and said: "scoot over." Ahsoka scooted over and Anakin sat down beside her and wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly close to him and gently rubbed her back and said: "we're in this together. I'll stand by you until the very end. I don't care what other people say. You're my little sister and I won't let you go through this alone." Ahsoka laid her head on his shoulder. The two siblings watched the stars go by. Then they dropped out of hyperspace close to Shili. Ahsoka pulled away from Anakin and flew into Shili and looked around and followed the Force. They landed just outside a village. Ahsoka powered down and they stood. Anakin lowered the ramp and they walked down the ramp. Anakin said: "where do we start?" Ahsoka said: "home. My old family house. I believe that is a good place to start." Anakin said: "lead the way. I'm following you. You know your way around this village. Lead the way." Ahsoka led Anakin through the village to a hut in particular. They stopped in front of the hut. Anakin looked at Ahsoka and said gently: "Snips, I'm here for you. Remember that."