𝙾𝙽𝙴

𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢 - 𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟻𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟸
-𝙰𝚝𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊, 𝙶𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚊-

"Yeah, you can just sit that box right here." You directed the mover, pointing to your living room floor.

He carried the heavy box attempting to place it gently on the ground, but failed knocking the contents over. "I'm so sorry," He said bending down to clean up.

"No it's fine. That's my fault for packing it tight anyways," You rushed over helping, "I can get this, there should be more boxes in the truck you can bring in." You assured the worker taking over the mess.

You never knew moving into your own apartment would be this tough. Between finding a good and affordable two bedroom in Atlanta to getting new furniture, you were tired out already. You placed the various old items back into the box before stumbling across two old photobooth strips.

The first one's back had your handwriting in red marker which wrote "Ridgeview Fair July 4th, 2017". You flipped it over revealing a younger version of you along with a group of friends posing for the camera. You smiled recognizing the familiar faces, reliving the camera flash.

"I need to send this to Daysha and Chanelle," You said placing it aside to look at the other one which was torn. I wonder if Daysha got the other half. The back read "July 20th, 2017" with a pink heart scribbled. You flipped it over revealing your same young face, but this time paired up with a boy.

Your once smile was now dropped as you observed the photos. In the top photo the two of you smiled towards the camera, huddled close together. The lower photo showed you placing a kiss on the boys cheek.

You paused for moment before going to your room and placing both slips in your bottom dresser. No need to bring up the past. You thought to yourself, going back to unpacking the rest of your house.

𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢 - 𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟼𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽
-𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚐𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚊-

     "All I got to end off with is... I see something special in all of you. Never tell anybody what you can or can't do. You are the future, lead it with great promise."

     With the sound of the bell, desks clattered as excited students hurried out of the class. "I enjoyed teaching you all this year. I made a lot of memories with this senior class," Ms. Luke waved to the graduating class, holding back tears as she does every year.

     "Aww don't cry Ms. Luke. You kno we gon visit whenever we get the chance," You hugged your favorite teacher tightly. Ms. Luke was the school's art teacher, but for you, was your study hall. Seeing the open spot in your schedule you thought it would be smart to use the time to work on any missing or due assignments. Plus, knowing Ms. Luke since elementary school, you knew she would let you skip whenever you didn't feel like going. She was like a mother to you, basically raising you and helping whenever you're in trouble.

     "And don't tell anybody else this Reagan, but I'm going to miss you the most. My little girl has grown up so much," She hugged back finally letting the tears break through. "Oh, I almost forgot. I got you a little graduation gift in the back closet. Go ahead get it before you leave."

     You gave her a cheesy smile before running to your present. The last days of school always were sad, but this one felt more real. Your last year of high school, your last teenage years. It almost felt like that barrier that was blocking your view of adult life was finally coming down.

     Entering the closet, you were shocked to see another student in there. His airpods were blasting "Living Room Flow" by Jhene Aiko as he worked on a large canvas with multiple paints. He hummed to the song, picking up a bit of white paint to add to his art. Making your presence known, you knocked on the door which of course, did nothing due to his music.