𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽

𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝟾𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾
-𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝙶𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚊-

"Waaaaaa," Your headache pounded which each cry as you stood in the kitchen making the bottle. The loud TV added to the noise as she continued, "Waaa waaa."

You put two scoops of formula in the bottle, closing the top on tight. "Bae, you can get Alaiya real quick while I make this bottle?" You shouted towards the living room. The TV continued to blast loud sports commentary that seemed to echo throughout the small apartment. You winced in pain as the ongoing cries of the 4-month stirred up the already bad migraine from before. "Bae?!"

You waited a second, hoping for a reply, before leaving the bottle to go tend to the baby. Alaiya squirmed in her rocker, making a fuss as her little face turned red from anger. You picked her up, rocking her gently to sooth her cries. Her whining mellowed out and she was now calmly sitting in your arms. "You didn't hear me?"

Ty was sitting on the reclining chair placed near the edge of the living room. His eyes focused on the 2k that he played on the TV. Already in a bad mood, you took the remote and turned the screen off. "The fuck you do that for?"

"You ain't hear your baby screaming behind you?" You questioned back, annoyance clearly in your voice.

He looked down at Alaiya who was now falling asleep in your arms. "She don't look like she was crying to me." He got up and attempted to grab the remote in your hand.

You pulled away, snapping back at him, "That's because I had to stop what I was doing to get her."

"I thought you was making a bottle anyways for her anyways."

"So, that mean you can't hold her for two seconds?!" Alaiya woke up a little as you raised your voice at him.

"See you waking her up. Lemme get her," He reached out to her, but you pulled away rolling your eyes at him. You walked back to the kitchen to finish the bottle you were making. "So, you want me to get her, but when I try to get her, you suddenly don't want me to anymore." He shook his head in confusion, following behind the two of you.

"That's not the point, Ty. I needed you to help me in that moment, but you over there on your own time." You placed the bottle in the fridge and picked up a rag to clean the mess left behind. "Your own baby was crying behind you and you ignoring her for a stupid game?"

"I wasn't ignoring shit, Rea. I just didn't hear her."

"If I could hear her from here, I kno you could hear her from literally 2 steps behind you." Your headache got worse the more he tried to make excuses.

"Ok, my bad. But you got my attention now, so what you need?"

"She's sleep now, Ty."

"What that mean?" He looked at you with the same dumb look he always had. The same one he would put on for every argument. The same one he had whenever you said you were tired of him not doing anything. The same one that always seemed to hit a special nerve in you.

You took a deep breath, calming yourself down so you wouldn't wake up Alaiya again.

"I don't need you no more."

𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢 - 𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟽,𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽
-𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝙶𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚊-

Daysha's loud snores woke you up from your heavy sleep. A headache signaling a hangover broke through as your sleep started to wear off.

The two of you were in your room with Daysha laying beside you, drooling on your pillow. She wore the same clothes from last night, but now with a sloppily placed bonnet on her head. In her arms, she gripped tight onto a half empty bottle of Henny as if it was a bear. Boy we had a time last night.