𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈

The game, of course, went by fast. You three were nothing compared to the boys, who were basically trained to be pros. Their height plus their stamina made it easy for them to keep scoring on you. And the worst part was you knew that they weren't even playing seriously.

     By the end, you were all tired out. The hoodie that you had previously put on was now off as the three of you laid on the bleachers. A cold water bottle sat on your stomach, as you tried to cool yourself off in the warm summer afternoon.

     The boys on the other hand, still had the energy to continue their previous game. You watched as they skipped around the court, tossing the ball back and forth as they made shots. If you hadn't known, you would've thought that they just started playing. They showed no sign of stopping, still as quick as when they first got on the court.

     "Nelly, ion kno how you do it?" You huffed, sitting up from your spot. You grabbed the water bottle, opening it up before taking a quick swig. You felt the cold water travel down your body as you leaned back against the bleachers. "Three brothers is already od, but now you got Trell too?"

     She laughed, taking the hair tie off her wrist to tie up her curls. You observed the multiple tattoos that scattered her neck, most of them in bright red ink. "You learn to choose your battles after a while," She shrugged.

     "Shii and I thought Jaida was annoying," Day grumbled, "We just played four games back to back and they still going. Like dang it's getting dark outside, y'all don't be getting hungry?"

     You laughed at Day's complaints as her brows furrowed at the boys. Her locs were let loose, framing her round face that was decorated in gold jewelry. The setting sun complimented her deep brown skin, an array of oranges and red highlighting her features.

     "This all they do foreal," Nelly continued, "Chance be coming back late as hell tryna bother us. Mama said she gon lock him out, he keep playing."

     "Bless Ms. Carmen's heart for real. I just kno she tired of y'all," You laughed.

     "Wait holdon," Day scrunched up her face, "What happened to that plate she was sposed to make me?"

     "Girllll," Nelly rolled her eyes, "I'm tired of hearing bout this plate. She told you to text her what you wanted."

     "Say no more. I'm bout to call her now." The two of you laughed as you watched Day pull out her phone. "You think she'll make me those- Zion?!"

     The two of you turned your attention to the gate where Daysha was facing. A wave of emotions rushed over you as you saw Zion, Ty's best friend, approach the court. His messy locs were tied up as he held a bright orange basketball in his tatted hands.

     You quickly searched around the park, looking for another figure following him. The night made it hard to see, your efforts only revealing shadows and trees. You regained your focus back on Zion, locking eyes in the process.

     A grimy smile appeared on his face as you froze in panic. His eyes traveled on you before going to the girls, who had the same shocked look as you. He then turned his attention to the boys who continued playing, not noticing his presence.

     His pace picked up as he grabbed the court gate, slamming it behind him. The girls got up from the bleachers, giving you a look before turning to the boys who now paused their game. You felt your heart race as his eyes hopped between the boys before landing on Tana. The same smile returned to his face as he stepped forward to the boys.

     "Oh, I see. So this the scrub you replace him for?" He scoffed, pointing at Tana. He turned to you, eyeing your frozen body as his voice rang in your head. You darted your eyes between the two as old memories you buried deep come flashing forward.