𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑
-𝚂𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙰𝙽𝙰'𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅-

     You made your way to the gym, passing by the crowds of students who scurried out the hallway. The school day was complete, the afternoon bell ringing over the principal's dreadful announcements. Usually, you would be in the art room, helping Ms. Luke clean up the mess left over from her art classes. But today, you decided to head over to practice early to work on your shooting.

     At yesterday's game, you seemed distracted; fumbling the ball, missing easy shots. You knew coach would say something about it today. So in order to spare yourself from the long lecture, you decided to work on it yourself ahead of time.

     Walking in, the gym echoed the creaking of the rusty double doors. On the other days when you would go there, players would've been already skipping around the court. Coach yelling at the boys not to interrupt the cheerleaders' stretches, while track runners did laps around the court.

     You made your way across the court to the locker rooms that stayed on the other end. Although you hated the smell, you needed to change into your gym clothes for the day. You scrunched up your nose, taking a deep breath before going in.

     To your surprise, Tyreon, Jaden, and Landon were already in there. You knew they came earlier, with Ty being the captain, but you expected them to already be on the court practicing. Instead, Jaden and Landon giggled together as Ty talked on the phone. You acknowledge the three before quietly heading to your locker.

     "Yea.... Nah, I can't do today," Ty talked loudly through the phone. His elbow rested on his knee as he rolled his eyes to Jaden and Landon. The two laughed as he continued, "I already told you, I promised Zion I'll come over......... Yea.... Ion kno, maybe another time..... Yea... Yea........ Love you too, bye."

     He hung up the phone, shaking his head at the two boys. You assumed he was talking to his girlfriend, Reagan. She was the captain of the cheerleading team and although you only talked to her about two times, you thought she was nice.

     As far as Ty, he would always brag about her. Constantly blowing kisses to her from the court or being extra-territorial about her. You also wondered how the two worked out. Ty's narcissistic and arrogant personality didn't seem to match her hard-working and kind one. But somehow it happened. And as far as you know, they've been together since before you got here.

     You shook your head, distracting yourself from the thoughts as you grabbed your clothes from your locker. The three boys now moved to the bench, continuing their loud conversation.

     "That was yo girl?" Jaden asked, taking a seat next to Ty.

     "Yeaaaa," Ty groaned back, "She on my dick about this dinner we were posed to be having tonight. Want me to meet her dad or sum shit."

     "Nigga, ion een kno why you still wit her ahh," Landon laughed, "Ain't this the same bitch wit like 20 bodies?"

     "Talkin bout meet her dad. Nigga, you finna be a dad in a sec," Jaden added, causing the group to burst out in laughter.

     You perked your ear up. Usually, you minded your business with locker room gossip. The boys constantly came in with drama, whether it was about the girls at the school or some new fight that just happened. You would just block them out, not interested in gossiping like little girls. But today was different.

     You didn't know Reagan that well. The interactions you two had together were small. In fact, you didn't even know if she remembered them at all. But you recalled every moment of it. Her gestures, her smile, her hair, the way she said your name.