𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢- 𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟾, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽
𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚕'𝚜 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢

     "Chance, cmon man," Trell pleaded. The two of them were sat in Chance's car. His friend's low eyes glossed over in the driver's seat as he bobbed his head to the radio static. He took out his lighter, sparking up what was the third blunt Trell had seen this morning. His locs swung low, hiding the deep eye bags that decorated his pale face.

     It was around 10:30 in the morning. Trell had just gotten out of the shower when he received a text from Chance saying he was on the way over. Of course, Trell didn't think anything of it. Chance was always spontaneous with his visits, swinging by to play basketball or just to eat breakfast together. And Trell didn't mind it either, always welcoming him with open arms.

     However, things changed when Chance arrived at his front door. His usual neat appearance was thrown off as he stumbled into his living room, lighting what was the first blunt Trell had saw. Chance said nothing at first, only sitting on his couch observing the room with his bloodshot red eyes. Trell did the same, sitting on the couch to observe his friend's movements.

     Chance's head swung side to side taking a hit before he exhaled, "Imma kill him."

     "What?!" Trell said, still confused at his friend's attitude. Chance only smiled, taking another hit before getting up from the couch.

     "Let's go," He said, grabbing his keys before heading to the door. Trell followed close behind, slipping on his shoes before he could make it out.

     "Wait, man. What's up? Something happened?"

     "I'll tell you on the way there. Cmon, I'm driving."

     Now the two of you were parked out of Ty's house. The early birds chirped as Chance kept his eyes locked on the front door. Almost as if he were waiting for someone to come out any second. Trell shifted up in his seat, peaking through the stray locs that covered Chance's face. "I kno you pissed off, but you just can't be pulling up to niggas' houses like this," He complained.

     Chance only ignored his complaints, keeping his eyes out the window. His brows furrowed as he took another hit from the blunt, this time long and deep as if he was replacing the smoke for oxygen. Trell sighed, leaning back on the headrest.

     "You kno what yo mom gon say bout this right," He continued, peeking over to Chance. His ears perked up as he sucked his teeth, a low mumble escaping from him. Trell sat up again, this time facing him, "She told me to keep you out of trouble this summer. Prepare you for college. Now if she find out you out here-"

     "So you saying I should just let this nigga be?!" Chance popped off, finally acknowledging Trell's presence in the car. His red eyes scanned Trell's face as his own grew angrier, "After what he said about Rea?! About my sister?!"

     "No, what I'm saying, Chance, is that you should actually think for once before making a mess that you can't fix!" Trell yelled back, pushing Chance away from his face. "You don't think I'm angry about this too? Looking dumb while everybody else knew that our friend was talking shit about us. It's taking everything in me not to go in there myself and beat the living hell out that nigga."

    Chance took a deep breath before settling back into his seat. His tense arms relit his blunt, taking a hit before going back to the window. Trell watched as his dark eyes reflected in the glass, hiding back the emotions he kept inside.

     Trell shook his head, calming his voice down, "Listen... you kno I love you. You like a brother to me, but we can't keep doing this. You're almost eighteen. You could end up in jail... or worse. Yo mom can't handle another heartbreak."