𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙻𝚅𝙴

It was getting late now. The night grew darker as time passed on. Crickets started their song as the fireflies began to dance along. You didn't know how long you were out there, sitting rocking on the abandoned swing set. But you didn't care.

You were quickly snapped out of reality after hearing the crunch of mulch. Shooting your head up towards the sound, a tall figure in a black hoodie stood there.

"Reagan?" The figure called out to you, stopping short not alarm you any further.

You wiped your teary eyes, unblurring the familiar figure, "Santana?!"

A few feet from you stood Santana. His usual messy bun was now let loose under a black hoodie he used to hide his long curls. Paired with some grey joggers and slides, it looked as though he had just woken up and decided to take a stroll. In his mouth held an unlit blunt, pearled with a wood.

He glanced you up and down; eyeing the pizza first before moving to your attire. Going out without thinking, you had left in what you were wearing in bed all day. Your bright pink Hello Kitty pajama pants clashed with the duck slippers you had grabbed on the way out and your hair was messily tucked underneath your bonnet.

However, the part that caught his attention was his hoodie that rested over you. Left on your bed from the night of the party, you had quickly grabbed it to throw on before going downstairs earlier. Now the large hoodie engulfed your body as you rocked gently on the swing.

His eyes lingered on the hoodie before moving to your tear-stained face. You attempted to hide your eyes, putting your head back down, "My bad... I ain't mean to wea-"

"What's wrong?"

"Huh?" Your head shot back up. Usually, he wasn't the type to pry. Noticing, but never asking any questions. It had caught you off guard. "Oh, nothi-"

He took a step closer, the mulch crunching under his slides, "Reagan... This the second time I've seen you like this. I kno it's nothing. Now what's wrong?"

The two of you remained eye contact, his eyes compassionate with a tint of anger. You turned away again, directing your head towards the playground. "I really did like him..." You finally broke down, tears streaming again. He took place on the swing next to you, keeping his head forward to avoid watching you cry.

"Ion kno, it just seems like we- I gave my all. And for what? All that arguing, all those fights, all those breaks. I was tired of it. My mind was tired... And now I'm being told I'm doing the wrong thing," You ranted, "It's just like I try my hardest to be this perfect girl everybody wants, but it feels like all I'm doing is fucking up."

"And who says you gotta be perfect?"

"Everybody! My family, the school, this town. And my friends... I know they don't say it, but I know I'm just bothering them like some little girl who got her heart broken. I'm supposed to be the one they go to when they have problems. The one who can take care of everything, but... I don't even know how to take care of myself."

"Did they tell you that?" He asked back.

"No, but..."

"So, you don-"

"I can't be weak..."

"Rea-"

"I gotta handle this on my own..."

"Reagan, listen!" His hands clasped your face, drawing you only inches away from his. His eyes held onto yours, growing serious.

"Ma, you can't keep making these decisions on your own. Did your friends tell you all that?"