𝙴𝙻𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽

𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟹

Brrrr. Brrrr.

     "Hm?" You opened your eyes to your dark ceiling. Shadows from the trees poke through your window as your vibrating phone lit up your room. You rolled over, blankets shuffling, before you sleepily grabbed your phone from your nightstand.

     "Mm... hello?" Your sleep-stained voice croaked through the phone.

     "I miss you, ma. Lemme fly you out."

     "Huh?!" You sat up, raising your voice a bit before quickly quieting down. You rubbed your eyes, taking the phone away from your ear to look at the contact. A sigh escaped your mouth before bringing it back to your ear.

     "Pack yo bags, I already bought yo tickets," The voice said again.

     You let out a laugh, rolling your eyes, "Tana, it's the middle of the night... and I got Alaiya with me. You know I can't just leave like that."

     You glanced over to your daughter, who peacefully slept next to you. Her small frame shifted a bit upon hearing her name before settling back into her deep sleep. You smiled pulling the blanket over her.

     "Bring her too," He quickly replied back.

     "Tana," You scolded, "I'm not waking my 4-year-old daughter at 2 a.m. to fly her 5 hours out to L.A."

     A silence took over the call. You listened into the other side; You could hear him shuffle along with a faint horn. He must be going back to his hotel.

     Your thoughts were interrupted by his sigh. "Ight, I texted my ma. She on the way ova there now."

     "Santana Malique Johnson. What I tell you bothering yo mama," You lectured to him.

     "She was up anyways," He laughed, "Plus, y'kno she love being with Laiya."

     "Still, she don't need to be driving this la-"

     "Rea." Your words were cut short. His voice grew serious.

"Let me see you..."

Khalon
𝚃𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢-𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝟹𝟷, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽
5:34 p.m.

   so u tellin me u ain't neva play smash bros ?

no😭😭
i played mario kart before if thts sumn

nahhh tht don't count😂😂

i never had the game so i
never got the chance to play

   u gotta come ova one day
i'll teach u how to play

alright now when i get better
than yo ass don't say nun

   trust tht won't happen love
   but i'm bout to head in to work rn
i'll hit u up when i'm off ok ?

okkk
have fun

     You plopped your phone back on your bed, flipping over to glance out your window. It was getting late now. You watched as the streetlamps lit up one by one. The neighborhood grew silent as everybody prepared for the night.

     You took your attention away from the window, grabbing your phone before hopping out of bed. You took a big stretch hearing your empty stomach groan. Lying in bed all day, the only thing you got to eat was the bag of gummy worms left on your nightstand. You took another stretch before heading to the kitchen to fill your stomach.