Obscurity

Art by ???🎨 posted by marisolrh520

🌸Oneshot ideas would be great, comment or message them if you've got one!🌸

|Let me know if a part 2 is wanted| (goes for all oneshots)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
💛 Idea by: 1stLetterOfMyName 💛

⚠️Warning: Mad Angst// it's rlly sad⚠️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hobie's boots sounded loudly against the solid flooring. Every step had a sense of urgency under him, his long legs propelling him a good distance with each push. He sprinted as fast as he could through the spider HQ, desperately trying to get his own watch to work, but it only glitched and lagged. It was beat up and by how rough Hobie usually is with it.

He groaned impatiently and irritated, he ripped off his watch and threw it to the ground, hearing it shatter by the force.

Suddenly, glowing red silk shoots next to him and Miguel hits the ground running along side Hobie. "Hobie stop." He said firmly, but the punk just ran faster, not even looking to the other.

As he darted he passed many of the other spider people, so he snatched a watch off one of them and put it on himself.

"Hobie." Miguel shoots a web at the punk's wrist before he could press any buttons, and it snags him to a halt. "Stop it, you have to-"

Hobie rips his wrist away with a sharp glare, "Don't tell me not ta' be there. Are ya' out ya' bloody mind?!" The man finally yelled, as he turned to O'hara.

Miguel's look of determination softened only slightly to one of compassion, seeing Hobie just as urgent and frantic as he was years ago. The punk didn't spend another second in the new found silence, shifting his watch to Earth-50101, and immediately darting through the portal.

Miguel only watched as the bright portal closed behind, sighing to himself as he rubbed his temples. He then pulled out his watch and projected a message into it. "Send more troops to Earth- 50101."

Hobie's POV
The moment I found myself out the portal, I hastily surveyed around the area. The colorful would of Mumbattan, the radiant buildings and lively nature being devoured by a giant black hole in the middle. Much larger than when I seen it the first time. Countless spider people doing their best to secure the ever growing hole, to no avail. But what was worse, was before my eyes, the words was dissipating.

I immediately jump off the building, swinging quickly around the city to find him. Darting from one building to the next, I make my way to the place of most destruction. I know for a fact he has to be here, trying to save others where it's worst.

"PAV!" I yell out for him, running along windows and slinging to heart of the city. Finally I see his brightly colored suit laid out limply atop a shattered building. I land myself quickly, running to kneel against his body. "Pavitr!" I called again, lifting his back to cradle him in my arms.

His suit was scratched, tattered and bloody. Patches of the suit ripped off, revealing bruises or open wounds along his body. He must of pushed himself beyond his limit attempting to save everyone.

I snatch off my mask as I scan his condition, shaking my head in panicked disbelief. "Hobie.." his lovely accent now strained and breathy with pain and exhaustion. "Luv' ya' gotta get up." I clench him closer and his hand weakly slides to my arm, holding it loosely. I slide off his mask, seeing his tired eyes, cut face and bloody mouth. "No.." was all I could manage through clenched teeth.

"Hobie you've gotta save them.." his words were quiet as he tried to speak through the pain. "Stop it, spot tha' there is no 'them' to save." I yelled but I my voice nearly cracked, my eyes already wanting to burst with tears.

I pull out a day pass bracelets and slide it onto his wrist, hoping it would work, that it wouldn't allow him to fade into obscurity. "We nee' to get to HQ, we can patch ya-" "Hobie.." "Someone wi' know wha' to do. It'll be okay-" "Hobie please.." his weak voice called and I see a clear droplet fall onto his cheek. I rapidly blink my eyes, I hadn't even realized I began crying.

I knew the day pass would do nothing. I knew no one could help.

He winced as he shifted his body, slowly raising his arms to wrap them around my neck and pull himself closer into the hug. Though it was delicate, I could feel how hard he was trying to hold me, so I squeeze him in return. Burying my face into his messy hair. "I can't- fuckin' hell.. Pav please get up." My words were muffled against his hair, the hair that was catching every drop of tears that ran down my face.

He pulled back lightly to look at him, his own eyes reddened with ever flowing tears. A look of desperation and agony etched on his face, as he opened his mouth to speak, but choked on a sudden cry. "Ya'  can live in my dimension, forever! Please jus'-" a sob catches my throat as well, spewing nonsense words that even I couldn't believe.

"You know I can't leave.." he whispered, clenching a hold on my vest while he spoke through quivering words. But I could only shake my head with clenched teeth, I didn't want to believe but I already knew the truth.

One of his shaky hands slowly slide off my neck and rise to press against my cheek. Using his thumb to wipe my tears as his only kept falling. "I need you, please.." my voice became only a desperate whisper and he gently shook his head, forcing a bitter sweet smile along his lips. "You don't need me..." he spoke softly to which I retaliated with a sniffle. "I do' luv, I need you. Please don't go." My voice cracked and I drop my head into the crook of his neck and simply broke down.

It didn't matter what I said, words of impossible possibilities to save him, words that it would be okay, words that he just needed to get up. They were all subconsciously for me, because he had already accepted his fate.

He gave a taxed exhaled before speaking again, "I need you to promise me something Hobie.." his words sounded more weak than before, that only made me clench him tighter. "Don' speak like that.." "promise me.."
I finally pull away from his neck to look at him, his eyes barely open, using more of his energy just to hold on a little longer. "Promise me you'll keep going." He whispered a shaky sob, taking a moment to breath through his cries. "I need you to promise."

I could only drop my head in defeat against him once more, feeling my tears stain his suit, but I give him a subtle nod. I could hear his sobbing become a tab bit louder, so mine followed suite.
"I love you so much. I love you.." I mumbled against him and he pulled back gently to look at me, his cheeks completely wet with tears. But he leans in and gives me a kiss, and I try to stifle my sob. But it felt like a goodbye, it felt like the last time I'd ever feel those lips again.

He pulls away and re-wraps his arms around my neck, burying himself there comfortably while I held him like he could get snatched for me any moment. I wanted to focus on his heart beat but neither of us could stop ourselves from crying.

It only took a few minutes before I feel his arms go limp, his softer crying slow to a stop. And right then, I felt my world collapse. Squeezing him for dear life, knowing the pressure wouldn't hurt him now. Squeezing him like it would make him come back, I could only sob louder. Before I feel the warmth of his body, the softness of his hair, the tickle of his wet lashes, dissolve out my grasp.

Now hugging myself desperately and crying in defeat, I finally notice that all of Mumbattan has disappeared to the plague of darkness that now surrounded this empty plain. Few buildings still crumbling into obscurity. Even more, the spider people surrounded me inside a grieving circle. Those who did their best to save his Earth, watched along side me as they witnessed him leave with it.

The heavy pain of defeat pulled my legs to my chest to cry into, the only thing left in my hand, was his day pass.