Flowers to His Touch

Art by🎨 ??? but posted by @ashketch123 on Pinterest

🌸Oneshot ideas would be great, comment or message them if you've got one!🌸

|Let me know if a part 2 is wanted| (goes for all oneshots)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
❗️Warning: Blood❗️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life was bittersweet.

It wasn't exactly what Hobie wanted, but the inconsistency of the matter was exhilarating. The love hate relationship of life. There was often even the gray area of nothingness that he hated, but after he became spiderman, there was no such thing as gray.

Hell, there was no such thing as black and white after his eyes opened to the Spider HQ. A colorful array of people and personalities, whether they loved or hated him, he was here. And those colors only began to shift, switch and spin as he met his friends.

Gwen, who he swiftly added to his band, was his first best mate. Opening his dimension to her as a place to stay while she ran from home. Miles, easily carved a way of respect from Hobie, he was persistent, lively, doesn't back down from Miguel, honestly that was extra points. And Pavitr, although he met Pav before Miles, the boy stood out far too much to not be last. Pavitr, the radiant Indian boy who hopped, skipped, flipped, swirled and pierced right into the man's heart.

Just thinking about it, the way the air went light when the tan boy talked. A constant feedback of contagious smiles and laugh when ever they were together. The way his body cut through the air with intricate movements, like a graceful dance, as he swing through the colorful city. The way his golden jewelry sparkled in the Mumbattan sun, his colorful suit shined and folded with each flip. It wasn't nearly as shiny as his teeth, his glimmering smile when he laughed. His constant humor that pulled any situation, at least slightly out of its initial intensity.

It was sweet to think about, intoxicatingly sweet. So sweet he could taste it in his mouth, feeling it water like he was going to throw up.

Suddenly, from his laid out resting position on the couch, he flips onto the ground, coughing. His body felt to spasm, tightening in on itself, like a set of nails trying to claw themselves out his chest. He collapsed, clenching his shirt, coughing and wheezing profusely. The retching pain felt to attempt to pull him out existence, sucking the air right out lungs and he struggled to catch it. His throat felt like it was on fire, like he was choking up rocks. Every strain on his neck made him truly believe he had swallowed the rustiest nails he could find.

Slowly, the weight of the coughing reduced, his throat opening for air once more. Opening his eyes, which has gone watery during the fit, to reveal drops of blood under him. His tongue fought with something thin in his mouth, something sweet, pushing the item towards his blood dripping lips until he could spit it out. And out, falling delicately in the air until it laid on the wooden floor, was navy blue petal, smeared with blood.

This 'sickness' has been going on for days now, extreme coughing fits that leaves him collapsed and drooling blood. But never has he coughed up a petal.

Along with the warm taste of iron in his mouth, he could taste a sugary remains of the petal on his tongue. Why was it sweet.

After composing himself enough to steady his breathing, and shift off his knees to sit on his butt, leaning against the couch. He gently takes hold of the navy petal, examining it is soft nature. Before sighing, anchoring his head backwards with closed eyes.

He's been pushing off this 'illness' as nothing more than a horrible passing cold. It was his excuse he told to his teachers or Miguel in order to stay home. Though this didn't go without raising a brow from the spider leader, after Hobie was bitten he had never gotten sick. Though it wasn't completely out the question, Hobie's very nature was discordant.