episode 2

The feast will begin tonight. Me, Maria, Alexandra, and the other two girls I helped were selected as the nights entertainers. They taught us how to dance and since I knew how to already Sümbul agha made me help him in teaching the other girls. Tonight one of us has the chance to go down the golden path by receiving the purple cloth. I knew i had to do everything I could to not appear in front of the Sultan.

The girls selected for the dance were ordered to not clean and to wait for their hamam. And that's what we did.  Maria and Alexandra sat in a corner and talked together while me and the other two sat in another and talked. " that snake, look at her. " the hatun to my left hissed out. " she's worse than a snake, she's a witch. A witch I tell you. " I didn't agree not disagree with them but as I was about to change the subject I could see  three of Sultans concubines going towards Alex. I'm not sure of the names of the other two but the middle one was called Aysé  she's the most recent gözde. Which meant she slept with the Sultan.

I couldn't tell what they were talking about but I saw her touching her stomach

I couldn't tell what they were talking about but I saw her touching her stomach. So she's probably boosting about the possibility of being pregnant. Which reminded me once again, that I have to do something about tonight.

" kazlar,time for hamam! " Daye hatun come in and with that we all rose to our feet and hurried to form a line.

In the hamam the women from before come again and bathed us and made sure we were flawless. I know what to do! While bathing an idea come to my mind,a perfect way to avoid meeting the Sultan. I went up and started walking towards Alexandra and Maria that were on the other side of the room and then I used the opportunity to slip. " ahhh! " I yelled out, and the girls hurried to me.

Brilliant. I was brilliant. Luck was truly on my side.  Sure my ankle is pretty much purple but perfect. " ay ay,,,  sun kazlar how could this have happened. " Sümbul shook his head as he stood above  the hospital bed I was in. " I'm sorry Sümbul agha, I think I was too excited " I apologized  trying my best to make him pity me. "It can't be helped, it's the Almightys will. It's a shame, true shame. You'd be the most beautiful woman to ever dance around these walls. I'm sure you'd become a Sultan by the end of the year. " " Sümbul aga, watch what you're saying. The Bas Kadin  could hear you " both me and Sümbul jumped a little from fright at the sudden voice. " ayyy!! Nigar kalfa! Why are you trying to kill me!? "

I chuckled a little, feeling warm and happy inside. These people weren't evil and I felt safe with them. " Aaa, Haden . I think this isn't the time to laugh. Is it. " she jokingly said " I apologize Nigar kalfa I can't help it. My agha and kalfa make me happy. " I said with a big smile, at which they both cooed. " Mashallah true angel. Even when she's hurt she shines. " sumbul said.

" I take it she can't dance tonight? " Nigar kalfa asked the physician at which the physician nodded in agreement. " well okay, there's nothing we can do. Sümbul agha can help you back to your bed and you can sleep and rest there. Fast recovery Haden . "